Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i read that the european sportcross has an awd option.. anyone know anything about this or have any insight? im wondering if they do have an awd version.. is it mated to the 2jz-ge? if yes, how hard would it be to acquire this awd system and implement it into our cars...

could you imagine it... a 2jz-ge turbo awd sportcross.... i would cream.. ;)

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
^^ With a 6 speed then too... I would also cream.

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
I believe it was mated to the 2JZ-GE and only came with 4 speed auto, see below.

I'm not aware of anybody doing it to date (at least writing about it online).

The Altezza came in 3 variants:

The AS200 (Chassis code TA-SXE-10, sedan or TA-GXE-10 FR Gita wagon, TA-GXE-15, 4WD Gita wagon), powered by a 1G-FE inline-6 engine generating 160 PS JIS (118 kW) or 155 PS DIN (114 kW) and mated to a 6–speed manual transmission (4–speed automatic optional)

The RS200 (Chassis code GH-SXE-10, sedan) powered by a Yamaha tuned 3S-GE inline-4 engine generating 210 PS JIS (154 kW) and mated to a 6–speed transmission (5–speed automatic optional)

The AS300 (Chassis code TA-JCE-10 FR Gita Wagon, or TA-JCE-15, 4WD Gita wagon) powered by a 2JZ-GE inline-6 engine generating 220 PS JIS (162 kW) or 215 hp SAE (160 kW) and mated to only a 5–speed automatic for the FR Gita Wagon or a 4–speed automatic for the 4WD Gita Wagon.

·
Registered
387 Posts
/\ you not helping me! i just need to keep repeating to myself "its the dd, its the dd, its the dd...."

an awd turbo 6spd sounds so hot and after driving the supra last night a manual can't be that bad in traffic.... right?

Reactions: altezzagita

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ive got a 4wd Gita - pics of it posted elsewhere on these forums. About to convert to RWD though as ive not been able to find a manual gearbox thats a cheap simple solution - so will be using a W58 box from a JZA80 supra. Its a shame to lose the 4wd system - but i prefer RWD manual to 4WD slush-box auto!

AL

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
i want that Elixir rear wing!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts