Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 IS and I am planning on upgrading to 18inch AVS Model 5 wheels with Tein flex coilovers. I plan on using 18/7.5 fronts with 225/40 and 18/9 rears with 255/35, after reading many reviews Pirelli P Zero Nero M+S is my tire of choice. I am not sure how much offset I should run with this setup to clear the brakes and fenders. Later after this I want to install a four wheel stoptech kit from plp. The fronts come with three offsets 45,48,50 while the rears are 35,40,45. Please let me know what you all think would be the best combination. Much thanks in advance, I have also been reading the other threads to find an answer. Positive and negative input is a plus thanks,
Butch C.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I as well am planning on getting nearly the exact same except with Nitto NT555's, so I'm eager to see the combos as well. I really don't understand the offsets too much though.

sISp

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I would go with the 45 offset in the front,but the rears will be another story,I'm running 18x9 SSR Comps in the rear with a 55 offset and 255/35/18 P0 nero's and I'm lowered 1.25" and I don't have any rubbing issues.

P.S.
try searching,all of this has been covered countless times.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do you like ther Nero's? My Dad is running those on his M3 he says that they are good, but how is your tread life, I've noticed his are worn with only two years and 25,000 miles. I know he drives hard but the Bmw might be harder on the tires because of the camber. However All in all I don't think you can find a better tire for the price

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been searching other threads to find my answer and it seems like those running 45 offset are having the rubbing issue with any tire larger than 225's. The AVS rims max offset is 45 and I want to run 255's. Any one with these wheels can give me some advice or should I just shave the fenders???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts