Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have a d3 installed in my 02, and I need suggestions and advice on what to get for my sound system...? I'm not planning on getting like an over the top system, I just want a decent and affordable to average system.... like a starter kit? Whats a good brand to get? for amplifier and subs?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Well what is a starter set for you just a AMP & SUBs for the trunk or components also?

If just Amp and Subs . . . well how much money you willing to spend, there are plenty of Audio Gurus here, just give more details like budget and what you want.

You can do the whole car for under 2,000 or just amp and sub for under 500 . . . . what you want?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey ashhong, for right now, I'm thinking of just amp and subs.. $400 sounds like my budget.... does the front component make a big difference? I dont' know if i should add/replace any speakers inside?

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Hey ashhong, for right now, I'm thinking of just amp and subs.. $400 sounds like my budget.... does the front component make a big difference? I dont' know if i should add/replace any speakers inside?
hm, well i never had the stock components in the first place, so i couldnt tell you. but these are pretty loud and sound very clear. sorry, i dont have the model name on hand, and not even sure if its that good (although i think JL is pretty good).

i say start with the sub/amp and then if you have the money, go for components if you arent satisfied. sub/amp make all the difference though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i think ill stick with the stock components for now. :) i do want a decent brand for my amp and subs, and i heard that its always better to buy them separately instead of a package, since anything you buy in packages are usually crappy, is that true? also ive been reading about the stock amp.. some people are choosing to keep it, some are removing it. When the guy installed my D3, he removed mine... but what is the difference?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts