Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching for the past hour and a half or so and haven't found the answers i'm looking for. i recently got an AVIC D3, and bypassed the amp. i basically ripped out the stock amp and wired the speakers directly up to the D3. anyay, i got a great deal on a set of 12" Subs, complete with enclousure and everything. anyway, i'm buying an amp to go with the subs, but i needed to know which wires i need to tap into to get the subs to work. Since it wired directly up to the D3, i need to know if there are multiple wires or what. Pics and diagrams would be great.

·
Registered
365 Posts
On the Avid-d3 you will plug in RCA cables on the plugs that say "Subwoofer Output"...you will need to run those RCA's to your amplifier that will be pushing the subwoofers...plug them into the subwoofer amp and then run speaker wire from the amp to the subwoofers.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Along with the RCA's you will need a remote wire from your d3. The remote wire should be a blue wire coming off of the HU harness, it should have a label saying remote on it. This wire will turn the amp on and off when the HU is on/off. Also you will need a battery (Power)wire and a negative to give the amp power. For future system config. Try not to run the RCA's and the power wire next to each other. This causes interference and you will hear through the speakers. But if you never plan on amping your other speakers you wont notice.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
So to sum it all up, you won't need to "tap" into anything to make your sub work.

You simply connect:
Subwoofer Amp RCA cables to D3 Subwoofer Out (on one side of the car)
Wire from the amp's remote wire hookup place to D3 remote wire
Amp to car battery with 4guage wire (on other side of the car)
Amp to Subwoofer
Amp to ground

1 - 4 of 4 Posts