Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...I've searched the forum...couldn't find an answer to my question...

I recently purchased the bluetooth adapter for my Avic-d3 and was installing it today, but I can't quite get it working...what connections need to be made?

I have the IP-Bus out cable hooked into the bluetooth adapter, and I have the IP-Bus in hooked into the Head unit...and I have the yellow power wire supplied with the bluetooth adapter hooked up to the power wire of the d3...and how do I know it is on and working...will the button on the d3 be available for bluetooth?, or do I have to do something to get it going?

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I just installed mine a month ago. If you hooked it up correctly then you will see a highlighted icon for the "phone" when you go to menu. By pushing the volume control button you can get to the phone screen where you can pair you phone bluetooth to the D3. Once you have paired it, you can leave your bluetooth on your phone and it will automatically connect everytime you get in your car and turn the system on. The D3 will disconnect when you turn of your car automatically. The wiring in the back is the mic, bus and power line. Let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I made all those connections...just couldn't get it working...guess I'll try it again today...but where did you ground the bluetooth adapter?

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
the bluetooth needs constant power for memory, otherwise you will have search for connections everytime. once you found your phone on the list, make sure you save it. i had trouble when i first hooked mine up also but now it works

1 - 5 of 5 Posts