Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what the average waiting period was for an IS on order. Does the color you order play a part and if so how long is the wait, for let's say a Silver or a black one? IS 300's are scarce in dealers around here, so I was curious about how long I would have to wait.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So how did you manage that? What part of California do you live in? If the bay area is your answer what dealer did you use?

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
It depends on alot of things...

If you made a true "factory special order" (non-standard set of options) then it would probably be 3-4 _MONTHS_

If you got your dealer to put in a "dealer preference request", then it depends on what cars are sitting at the port "unallocated", and if your dealer is willing/able to trade allocated cars to another dealership to get the color you want.

Also, the dealers may only be able to "preference" colors/option requests as certain times of the month - so (unless you know the exact day to ask) your request may just sit on a notepad at the dealer until "preferencing day" comes around.

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
7 weeks for a Silver (mid range options)...never got it...ended up with a Loaded SBM...and I am pretty happy things worked out the way they did.

This was at Stevens Creek...no great deal but it was painless.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Agent Smith, did you happen to go to the Lexus "Performance tour" held in SF?
Also, do you have a gold license Frame on the back? I live off of Steven's Creek Blvd and I keep seeing the same Spectra Blue IS 300, just wondering if that was you.......Spooky if it is...

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
No - didn't go on the tour...I do have gold frames...but I haven't been by SCL in a while...I was there to have them look at the tire/rim job I did back a couple of weeks ago.

Does anyone have a good line on chrome license plate frames...plain is fine...should I go to the mall and deal with those buttplugs at the little carts or is there somewhere else I can go?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Was on waiting list, at two dealerships in Orange County, for 6 weeks for Graphite/Black on Graphite wheels. I could have taken a GGP/Blk on non-polished wheels 2 weeks early, but held out for the polished wheels. I noticed that white and black were most commonly delivered with GGP and Silver being the longest to wait for.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Got mine August 18th. Did not order it. Silver, black interior, leather, pwr seats, sunroof, wheel locks, trunk mat. No wait.

My brother is in the biz and knew a sales manager there. He got the silver in, waxed it up and put it on the show room floor with my name on it. HEEEE

1 - 10 of 10 Posts