Lexus IS Forum banner

Average time from port to the dealer

702 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Wiating4mine 
#1 ·
For the people who already have your IS, how long did it take between the car got to the port and arrived at your dealer?

They gave me a call on 16th and said my car is at the port, and will be here on 19th or 20th. Well, it's 21th and it's not here.

My dealer can't give me any explanation on what is going on.

I understand the car gets inspected at the port and trucks it over to dealer.

I am trying to get some idea on why it's taking so long to get the car and why the dealer has no idea on what's going on with it.

Thanks in advance.

Sean

#3 ·
Lost Soul,
From your message, I feel little better.
How far is the port from your dealer?
My dealer is at Seattle. The port is in Portland, Oregon. About 3-4 hours drive.

I just talked to salesperson and he said as soon as the inspection is done, it usually gets to the dealer on the same day.

Sean.

#6 ·
Thanks for the Cheer, Lost Soul.

Just talked to my saleperson and he said they got so many cars to go through at the port, it's taking a lot of time. Also the swap between 2000 and 2001 models aren't helping either, he says.
He says the status still shows it's at the port.

How about anybody else?

Sean

#7 ·
My IS came into port(SoCal) on Sunday and the manager of the dealership said they have been moveing the IS's through port pretty quick lately. He told me he's seen them go from port to dealership in as little as 4 days, but could poss. take 10. I'm really starting to get excited now...I even lay awake at night thinking about driving this crazy car. I know, sounds pathetic, but this is my first car of this caliber. I've always owned Mustangs in the past(I even race a 65 Shelby), and I never in a million years thought I would go foriegn. But, what can I say, she stole my heart.

------------------
If you can leave black marks from the exit point of one turn, to the breaking point of the next, then, and only then do you have enough horsepower.

#10 ·
nextsean,
I was going through what you are feeling just a week ago. My car came into the Newark, NJ port 8/7 and it was AGONIZING waitng for the car. I was really anxious but held back from bugging my salesman. They told me it would take about 10 days, but when the 11th day came I broke down and called him around noon...THE CAR HAD JUST COME IN!!! So I rushed down there after work and finished all the paperwork. I couldn't pick up the car that evening cuz they had to clean, detail, and install some options. But when I saw it in the shop, I was so GIDDY
Anyways, I picked it up the next day, a Saturday, and spent a PERFECT weekend driving around town...it was GREAT and I'm still on a high from the car!

I hope you the best of luck, and trust me, all the this waiting just builds up the anticipation.

#11 ·
Sean-

Hey Brotha, this is my old name and Im sure you can tell I was in the same at boat. I waited for my blue micaivory for over a month and a half from the expected date. My car was held at the port in Newark NJ because of the brake drama. Take my words for wht they are worth but the pain doesnt come close to the pleasure. I posted numerous threads with your same concerns and everybody at the time told me to be patient Thank GOD I waited. I almost purchased a 330 deposit and all... now come to think of it, I dont know if I would be as happy with a car if it wasnt my IS.

Good Luck in your time of agony but I think at one point we all felt the same as you.

2001 Spectra Blue MicaIvory
Loaded wLSD & Graphite

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.