Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know what sway bars are available, if any, for the IS350 besides Eibach?

I heard the Tanabe ones for the IS300 are sweet, but it doesn't look if Tanabe has any yet.

Also, any feedback on Eibach's product quality, and how their bars "feel"?

I'm not planning on any spring/damper upgrade yet, but I'm very interested in reducing body roll without sacrificing ride quality.

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
last time this came up das checked with eibach and they said they still weren't putting out a kit. maybe they are now but i haven't seen it available anywhere except hopupracing.com which had them advertised before eibach even had that on their website

n/m check that, an even more bull website
http://performance.drivewire.com/suspension/lexusis350swaybar.html
"we've been selling Lexus IS350 sway bars for 5 years"

·
Registered
642 Posts
flyfl1pguy99 said:
Im also looking for a strut. I wonder if any company is doing R&D yet?
LMS is supposibly coming out with one soon...saw a preproduction unit on RoRo's car.

·
Registered
258 Posts
What would you do with a "strut" for an IS? It has shocks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Gernby said:
What would you do with a "strut" for an IS? It has shocks.
Original poster is a bit confused with his terminology. It's a strut tower bar... it just links the two opposing strut towers to reduce flex. Limited benefit in most modern applications short of an American made boat, but it looks nice :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
heffergm said:
Original poster is a bit confused with his terminology. It's a strut tower bar... it just links the two opposing strut towers to reduce flex. Limited benefit in most modern applications short of an American made boat, but it looks nice :)
We don't have struts OR strut towers. We have shocks and shock towers. LOL

I think STBs can look nice, but I think they will look pretty poor on this car due to the engine trim. The application above looks like ass.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts