Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:

First I like to say hi to everybody. Although I've been lurking around for a while I've never posted before.

I graduated from law-school back in june and after two horrible months studiyng for the bar exam is now time two look for a new car to change the old Outback. (had to sell my WRX Wagon when i got into law school). My first choice is a new IS 350 with the Sport Pack and ML. So after studying this forum and the Lexus site I go into the dealer (There is only one dealer in Puerto Rico). The dealer recieved 30 IS (250 & 350) and they sold 26 in the first day!!!

Anyway I talked to the dealer manager and ask for the cars available. He tells me there are only 2 IS 350 models available. Base and Premum Plus Pack with 18" wheels. (Please don't ask for the Price as we pay 40% tax for cars over $36K). I ask if and when the Sport Pack is going to be available and he tells me that he doesn't know becuse Lexus limits Option Package availability depending on region.

My questions are if this is true and why Lexus limits the avalability of Packages depending on regions.

Thanks

William

·
Registered
11 Posts
William said:
Hello:

First I like to say hi to everybody. Although I've been lurking around for a while I've never posted before.

I graduated from law-school back in june and after two horrible months studiyng for the bar exam is now time two look for a new car to change the old Outback. (had to sell my WRX Wagon when i got into law school). My first choice is a new IS 350 with the Sport Pack and ML. So after studying this forum and the Lexus site I go into the dealer (There is only one dealer in Puerto Rico). The dealer recieved 30 IS (250 & 350) and they sold 26 in the first day!!!

Anyway I talked to the dealer manager and ask for the cars available. He tells me there are only 2 IS 350 models available. Base and Premum Plus Pack with 18" wheels. (Please don't ask for the Price as we pay 40% tax for cars over $36K). I ask if and when the Sport Pack is going to be available and he tells me that he doesn't know becuse Lexus limits Option Package availability depending on region.

My questions are if this is true and why Lexus limits the avalability of Packages depending on regions.

Thanks

William
You can get the sport package for about $6800.00 in the the West coast, I am not sure if this include the navigation system, which cost about 2k. The ML won't be available until next year. I think you have to special order it from the factory. I am new into Lexus vehicles so I really don't know if ML makes that much of difference, but from what I seen in this forum lots of people prefer to have the ML option that will cost you around 1k. I used to have a G35 and the Bose system sucks, in the other hand my Acura TSX stock stereo sounds pretty nice for a non brand system. BTW, is crazy that your local dealer sold so many IS the first day, I was hoping they would negotiate the price but I guess since the car is selling like hotcakes I guess I'll have to wait until next summer to get an IS350.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I'll have to wait for a while, or get another car. I really like the M35 Sport.

William

1 - 3 of 3 Posts