Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone else had the problem of waiting a real long time before getting their IS300. I've been waiting about 2 months now for a silver one. I'd like to hear about how long people had to wait, or if you had to "help" the salesman to make the car available to you. Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Way too Long...10weeks 3days... Apparently Silver with 17s is a much sought after car!
but worth the long wait...

------------------
Silver IS300 fully loaded w/LSD

·
Registered
354 Posts
I waited only two weeks for a Silver IS in Los Angeles back in August.
The dealer (Keyes) originally quoted me a 4-6 week wait, but a car became available and I was a happy guy.
I hear the wait for Silver in Southern California is now 6-weeks-plus, again. Other colors are available immediately.

·
Registered
219 Posts
i got mine the day i saw it. didn't have to wait. and didn't have to think about it.
the first time i saw it from the dealer, i bought it.
one of the fleet was my friend. the silver one(the one i have now) was already been taken but you know what friends are for...

i kinda feel sorry for that guy who put deposit on this silver IS.

------------------
xxsiLveR_iS300xx

·
Registered
68 Posts
Originally posted by Leader:
I waited only two weeks for a Silver IS in Los Angeles back in August.
The dealer (Keyes) originally quoted me a 4-6 week wait, but a car became available and I was a happy guy.
I hear the wait for Silver in Southern California is now 6-weeks-plus, again. Other colors are available immediately.
Do you think the silver will sell for different prices than other colors? How was your experience at Keyes? Do you show your car to other prospective IS buyers along the 118? I am 40 yo, have 3 kids, and am not a nut. Thanks.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Originally posted by lhn5:
Do you think the silver will sell for different prices than other colors? How was your experience at Keyes? Do you show your car to other prospective IS buyers along the 118? I am 40 yo, have 3 kids, and am not a nut. Thanks.

The Silver should cost no more than any other color. If a dealer tries to charge more for a particular color, pick another dealer.
My experience at Keyes was A+. They couldn't have been more straightforward, which I appreciated. I knew I was buying a "high demand" car, but they did not take advantage. I paid "sticker."
I'd be happy to "show" you my car. Should I just drive the 118 hoping you're there? Or would you rather arrange a parking-lot rendezvous somewhere in Porter Ranch?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all your input. I was getting worried that i was the only one that had to suffer a horrible wait. But should be worth it when i'm behind my silver/ivory IS3.

·
Registered
146 Posts
SMRA,
You're right, Hendrick does have every color available. It's because they're the flagship Lexus dealership in the East. They get the inventory first before anyone else. I was there today actually to talk to some people that I know there, and got a chance to drive the Lexus LS430 and the GS430s. They are really great cars, I'm thinking about trading my IS300 in for the GS430. What do you think? Oh yea, did you see the Mica Green IS300 on the grass with those ugly chrome rims? Almost made me puke. It's funny though, everyone loved the tint on my car. Even Lexus asked me how much I paid for it, I wouldn't tell them because they rip you off bad. I'm glad you're happy with your IS

K

·
Registered
591 Posts
str8upchillboi,

You're right. I hate the rims on the green IS
in the grass.

Can you say "Tacky"...
And to think Lexus did that......Oh well.
Now, Hell Yes!! I was there Monday for Denise's 5000 mile service. (5,300miles on it)
The LS430 is TOO AWESOME!!!

And for the price you can't beat it!
Im sure there will be Alot of MB and BMW upper Executives jump ship over this product! I watched one of the Dealers drive the First Purchased LS430 of the Lot. Delivering it to and Upper Exec. at Nations Bank. Solid BLACK 430!!! Loaded....... The car has Sun Shades on ALL windows! Awesome!

Also the Radar Guided Cruise Control is the First Move in the Auto Industry toward Auto Piloting Cars. You can see the "Hal 9000" Like Lens down beside the Fog Lights...
How about the Rear Seats and all the Luxuries back there....

Now for the GS... I didn't really see any Noticable changes from the 2000 models.
Maybe the front grill and rear tailights??
suttle changes... Larger Engine???

Smra.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts