Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 IS350 with Navigation and have using my droid-x with a audio cable to listen to music via AUX Input. Recently, when I press the CD/AUX button, it doesn't switch to AUX (it stays at CD). It plays the CD fine but it doesn't toggle between CD & Aux. Has anyone experienced a similar problem or have ideas how I can troubleshoot this? Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a 2006 IS350 with Navigation and have using my droid-x with a audio cable to listen to music via AUX Input. Recently, when I press the CD/AUX button, it doesn't switch to AUX (it stays at CD). It plays the CD fine but it doesn't toggle between CD & Aux. Has anyone experienced a similar problem or have ideas how I can troubleshoot this? Thanks in Advance.
I'd try a few things. First, see if there's an issue with the AUX cable. Try connecting this into another system such as a home theater system or another vehicle that has AUX. If the cable is bad, then you know this is the issue.

If the cable is good, then what I recommend doing, since that happens to me occasionally with my IS and my iPod adapter, is make sure that the audio is set to FM and then turn the audio off, then turn your car off. Then plug the AUX cable from your Droid to the AUX in on your car, then turn your car on, then turn the audio back on, which should be on FM. After doing this wait a few seconds then switch to AUX and see if it works.

I realize that sometimes it takes a while for the head unit to register an outside source. If it gets to a point where it's suck, it will disable the source. This is the only way that I know of resetting it. Let me know if it works!

·
Registered
1 Posts
if this works for you let me know, I will give it a try once I return to the states ...
"If the cable is good, then what I recommend doing, since that happens to me occasionally with my IS and my iPod adapter, is make sure that the audio is set to FM and then turn the audio off, then turn your car off. Then plug the AUX cable from your Droid to the AUX in on your car, then turn your car on, then turn the audio back on, which should be on FM. After doing this wait a few seconds then switch to AUX and see if it works."

Did that work?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts