Lexus IS Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Alright i'm half-way done. Able to get the audio out from the aux cable.
Now I just need to integrate the switch so I can switch between aux and the oem head unit......

I have a headlight washer button...but I don't have headlight washers on my front bumper(rebuilt?)....I don't think this button does anything....

Can this button be used for aux-in? It doesn't seem to light up or anything, and it's not one of those rocker switches...theres no light on and it doesn't go in all the way to say it's on or go out all the way to say it's off.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hey guys I need some help with the aux-in mod again.

I replaced 1 switch because the trigger felt sloppy and loose for another one of the same. I don't know if my wiring is bad...but every time I add the 3rd wire for the light for the switch. The cigarette light blows.

on the relay
13 ground
14 goes ito switch with 3 prongs. Another wire goes out and is spliced into the cigarette lighter.

I can switch back and forth and it works fine. When I ad the 3rd wire in to illuminate the switch, the fuse cigarette fuse blows.

3rd wire is connected to ground, is that correct? Is it possible if the wire from the relay going to the switch is too thick that it blows out the cigarette fuse when adding the 3rd wire for the light for the switch?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Awesome info from everyone. Still haven't made a decision on whether or not to go with one of these methods since factory is aesthetically functional or just go 7" screen with Bluetooth. They all seem fairly simple so I'll take a stab at one first and hopefully not F it up too bad. But how has everyone just ignored the fact the pointers in the original post are penises?

61 - 66 of 66 Posts