Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my first autox coming up in a few weeks, and I was wondering whether or not I should leave my totally stock IS300 on between runs. I probably have about 15 minutes between each of the 4 runs. Please explain why as well.

I was thinking about leaving it on for a few minutes after each run, and turn it on a few minutes before each run, although a little more before the first run. A big concern of mine is making sure I remember to turn traction control off when I restart the car.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I think you should be okay if you turn off car if have to wait the 15 minutes. I do that.

After a run (and waiting in line) NEVER pull up your e-brakes. Let them cool down. If you do apply e-brake, you're brakes rotors may start to warp. During the entire day, I don't even apply the e-brake at all (evn while parked).

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
There's a mod somewhere that shows how to make "trac off" the default. I'm not sure if I saw it here or on LOC.

·
Premium Member
7,315 Posts
I leave it off. If I had a turbo, I may leave it on for a minute or so. As far as the e-brake do not use it at all. You may forget to release it and run with it on.

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
with 15 minutes I would definately turn it off. I usually crank it up about 1minute before I'll start unless they want you to line up early. I've only once left the Trac on and that was a horrible start and 1st turn before I got it turned off. I'm sure you'll do great. Have fun! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts