Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But if you ask me, I think it's a bunch of hooey. The April 2003 issue of Automobile Magazine says "Lexus also plans to broaden it's entry-level lineup when it unveils the successor to the IS300 in mid-2004. To make it more competitive with the BMW's 3-series range, Lexus will offer a variety of engines in the next-generation IS, including a larger, more powerful inline six and possibly a V8. The car will also get four-wheel capability, enabling Lexus to market a wagonlike crossover off the IS platform to replace the slow-selling SportCross model. Other body styles in the 2006 IS range likely will include a coupe and convertible."

So this is all stuff we've heard before - and while I'd LOVE to see a bigger I6, I think we're a lot more likely to get a variant of the 3.3L V6 as in the new RX. Interestingly enough, in a sidebar in the story, there's a quote from a Lexus exec saying "We can't be all things to all people. Car companies that try to do that really make a mistake". Yet, they want a coupe, convertible, 4WD and V8 model IS? Don't think so...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts