Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just bought the Autometer shift light and I know the directions are pretty straight forward, but I was wondering if you guys can help me by telling me where I hook up the Green wire? As i'm not sure on this and dont want to screw anything up.

Here are the wiring instructions that it came with:

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
You need an MSD RPM activated switch. Then, you hook up the MSD to the car via the rpm wire in the ecu.

Then, the green wire you are talking about hooks up to an output of the MSD box.

In turn, when the car reachs a certain RPM, an output is sent to the green wire and you will get a shift light.

Woo hoo!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mattssi said:
You need an MSD RPM activated switch. Then, you hook up the MSD to the car via the rpm wire in the ecu.

Then, the green wire you are talking about hooks up to an output of the MSD box.

In turn, when the car reachs a certain RPM, an output is sent to the green wire and you will get a shift light.

Woo hoo!
Sweet! .... how much ae those MSD switches?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wait .... I just thought about something ..... cant I tap it directly to the ECU RPM wire? The shift light has the pills for the RPM that it should be activated at.

also what wire is the RPM wire on the IS ?

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Oh, I didn't realize it was built in....

Here is the rpm wire that srt uses...seems to work fine.

http://www.mattssi.com/ecu.pdf

Can I have 1 dot?

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Not sure about that. I think you may be able to...that is were we tapped for the remote start. Try it!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mattssi said:
Not sure about that. I think you may be able to...that is were we tapped for the remote start. Try it!
yea I think you can ..... as I think thats where you tap for the Apexi RSM

yea I hook you up with some dots! how do it do it?

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
How do I donate Dots?
Click on the Profile button of the user to whom you want to donate Dots. You'll find a Donate button and an amount box. Enter the amount and press the Donate button. NOTE: Donating Dots decreases the amount Dots you have yourself.

:)

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
just go through the ecu.
OR spend a lot time time tracing wires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.