Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here.

Are the auto's still fairly quick? And is there is big difference between them and the manuals? I'm still up in the air on which to buy, but i figured it would be alot easier on me keeping an eye on my son in the back seat with an auto, but i still want something with good acceleration. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
641 Posts
Officially, I think the auto is about half a second slower 0-60 and 1/4 mile.

I think the only other difference is that the 5MT model has a "sport suspension". I ordered a SportX, so I didn't get the tranny choice.

·
Registered
565 Posts
i find it fairly quick....i know there is faster, but it does the job. If you ever need it faster, just do a few mods to it and you will make up that .5 second...

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
take of the trac buttom and throw it in eshift u'll get a real nice kick

·
8,827 Posts
If in question, buy Manual!

I am able to operate my PC and shift at the same time no problem. The key is to keep your eyes on the road and do the shifting naturally, without thinking about it.

I owned both and there is no way going back to the auto. :bitching:
It is not even speed, but rather control that matters.

·
Registered
6,692 Posts
It's all preference... I sometimes regret not getting a stick but those days when I'm sitting in traffic, tired as sh*t and trying to eat my breakfast on the way to work is when I appreciate the auto.

You brought up a good point about keepin an eye on your son especially if he's young and you'll have him in your car quite a bit, they need much attn.

It's up to you... Like others say, control of your car or convenience? GL!

·
Registered
15,540 Posts
i drove an auto for a day, and couldnt stand it. Never seemed to be in the right gear... took a second for it to downshift, and by them the gap in traffic was gone... and when I was crusing and got onto the throttle, THEN it downshifted, not what I wanted it to do...

Im sure if I would drive it for a few weeks, I would get used to its quirkiness, but its just not for me...

·
Registered
457 Posts
AUTO= :boring: :boring: :boring:

ONLY PEOPLE THAT DONT KNOW HOW TO DRIVE A MANAL
CRY ABOUT TRAFFIC....

BUY MANUAL

AND ALSO E SHIFT= :boring: :boring: (WTF IS UP WITH PUSHING BUTTON?)

Martyhead:
besides do you want to have tell your woman to quit givin' you head becuase you have to shift?

HOW ABOUT YOU CAN NOT USED MY CAR BECAUSE IT IS A MANUAL BITCH!!!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
redteam22003 said:

CRY ABOUT TRAFFIC....

BUY MANUAL

Martyhead:
besides do you want to have tell your woman to quit givin' you head becuase you have to shift?

Nice sentence structure nancyboy. Phuckin noob'

·
Registered
457 Posts
Martyhead said:
redteam22003 said:

CRY ABOUT TRAFFIC....

BUY MANUAL

Martyhead:

Nice sentence structure nancyboy. Phuckin noob'
YOU ARE THE PHUCKING NOOB THAT CANT DRIVE A MANUAL BITCH :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
8,827 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Depends on how old your son is and how long you're planning to keep your car :D Even with an auto, the best you can do is just glance at him once in a while. It's not like you can safely reach to the back seats and drive with either transmission. If you're confident with driving a manual, I would get one of those.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wrongway said:
Depends on how old your son is and how long you're planning to keep your car :D Even with an auto, the best you can do is just glance at him once in a while. It's not like you can safely reach to the back seats and drive with either transmission. If you're confident with driving a manual, I would get one of those.
Well he's only a month old, so car seats have to face the back window. I don't wanna be shifting and making sure he's ok in his car seat. I just feel it would be easier on me with an auto. Besides, i'm not looking to race around with the car, i just want a nice looking car with decent acceleration. :p

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Ryan_GS said:
wrongway said:
Well he's only a month old, so car seats have to face the back window. I don't wanna be shifting and making sure he's ok in his car seat. I just feel it would be easier on me with an auto. Besides, i'm not looking to race around with the car, i just want a nice looking car with decent acceleration. :p
Ryan,
You'll have to overlook redteam. She just got a good insurance settlement and got rid of her Civic for an IS. She just hasn't lost the "mentality" yet.

·
Twisties Addict
12,063 Posts
get an auto!

it would suit you better!

I have an 01' for sale.....perfect condition!...interior is like new!

PM me for details!, if interested! 8)

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
My IS300 is a auto and my civic hatch is a manual. I like both of them still. If I feel like I want to shift I jump into my hatch but if I want a comfotable sporty ride then i would jump into the IS300.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.