Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, as I mentioned in my other thread, I wanna get a auto-x meet going with us IS guys. Races are in E-Town.

Saturday, November 5th

http://www.autox4u.com/nnjr.htm

Let me know what you guys think, I'd like to get other IS300s there. Possibly the weekend before, we can get another install meet for people who want to install things for the race (like me). The cost of the event is $40 (for non-SCCA members) and it runs all day.

Dave

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
That sounds like a pretty good plan to me Dave. I'll see what my schedule looks like.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Sounds good. I'm in. E-Town is a plus too, cuz, its close to me.. but, I heard the track/lot eats up your tires. :rolleyes: Oh, well.. I need some good winter tires anyway. hehe.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
sounds good ,we have over a month to prepare

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
godo thing i got a spare set of tires.....im def in.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
[QUOTE='03IntensaBlueBeast]I wish I did :([/QUOTE]

You should be ok.. unless you drift around the cones. lol.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
ElusiveIS said:
You should be ok.. unless you drift around the cones. lol.
I can't guarrantee anything. :)

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When the time gets closer I'll start a new thread with a roll call, what day is best for everybody?

Actually, we should plan on going the 22nd and keep the 29th as a rain date.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
GraphiteSportDesign said:
When the time gets closer I'll start a new thread with a roll call, what day is best for everybody?

I will also have a better idea of when I can do this as well.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
GraphiteSportDesign said:

Thats sounds like a plan. :)

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I'm definitely down for that. i've been wanting to go there, but since i've never done anything like this, i was never too comfortable going by myself. count me in, knowing that i have a bunch of other IS300 owners from the NE there would make it alot more fun.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No need to worry about safety, its much safer than 1/4-mile. The only thing you can hit easily are cones, its a big empty parking lot. Oh yeah, you also have to wear a helmet, so bring yours or borrow one from somebody. They have a few loaner helmets, but its just annoying.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I've been wanting to do this for a while now.. But how do you 'start' ? I mean, do you just show up and pay the $40 ?? Do you have to take some instructional course or safety course first before the day of the event ? Do you drive the course first, before your timed run? How many runs do you get all day ?

I have done an advanced driving course.. but haven't gotten around to auto-x yet. Also, aren't helmets required ?? Thats a couple hunderd dollars right there. I'd love to get together with some IS's for this, but thats a haul from Boston....

Here's a pic in their gallery.. look at that body roll :)
http://www.dotphoto.com/GuestViewImage.asp?AID=1932706&IID=61522727&INUM=42&ICT=61&IPP=24

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
absoluteis300 said:
I've been wanting to do this for a while now.. But how do you 'start' ? I mean, do you just show up and pay the $40 ?? Do you have to take some instructional course or safety course first before the day of the event ? Do you drive the course first, before your timed run? How many runs do you get all day ?

I have done an advanced driving course.. but haven't gotten around to auto-x yet. Also, aren't helmets required ?? Thats a couple hunderd dollars right there. I'd love to get together with some IS's for this, but thats a haul from Boston....

Here's a pic in their gallery.. look at that body roll :)
http://www.dotphoto.com/GuestViewImage.asp?AID=1932706&IID=61522727&INUM=42&ICT=61&IPP=24
Yes, you pay the fee.. listen to the instructors, walk the course that they had setup for that day and you are off. :bigSmile:

No need to buy helmets, they have loaners and you can borrow from the group. ;)

·
Registered
436 Posts
How many runs can you typically get in ??? Sounds like fun tho

·
Registered
436 Posts
There's also a bmwcca auto-x around that same time up here in Mass. if people are interested. At least it means I don't have to drive to NJ to get in some auto-x :) And no, you don't have to own a bmw ;)

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We should have another install meet sometime soon, theres a bunch of stuff I gotta install, probably not in a single day. I have header, brake lines, and shocks to do.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts