Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well everyone ...as some of you know it was not possible for me to get my ca back to Toyomoto to be finished..And after 5 months of no boosting..It was time to finish the beast up...So I hooked up with Adam Gambuza from Auto Tuner in Oviedo,FL(Orlando) At first I was planning on having them just install my 6spd and new internals and keep the same motor...But after making friends we decided to make the IS300 a beast...
So....We decided to switch to the SC300 head and TT shortblock. And yet again we gonna leave it simple and do TT internals...NOT...The shortblock is bored out and contains JE Pistons and Crower Rods. Then came the head...We put in HKS 264 cams and Titan Cam gears for both intake and exhuast side.We also rebuilt the intercooler piping in the engine bay to 3" and 1 piece with no connector in the middle ...the new pipe is accompanied by not 1 but 2 -HKS BOV's...So now that the motor is built we had to make it look good...So I had lots ceramic coated, polished, and chromed...including:
Turbo(front and exhuast housing)
Toyomoto Tubular Manifold
Downpipe
Valve cover
intake manifold
throttle body
-We are currently waiting for some things to come back from the chromers and then everything will be put back in...
Auto Tuner mad eme a custom fuel rail and we are running duel fuel pumps as well now...We are doing a FJO Wideband on the car here soon, and then she will be up and running.
Ive had a lot of PM's asking aboutnthe status of the vehicle so just wanted to update everyone...
I will have full video, writeup, Dyno vids and #'s...Here soon...the car will be done for the Nov15th Orlando Race Rock meet so whoever comes can check it out....Heres the pic of the motor put together waiting for the last pieces to be installed...Will keep everyone updated as the car gets finshed here soon....
-Matt
The Turbo is a PT-67 with a .68 back housing..Same as Freelance's....
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mattkalevich/vwp?.dir=/Slamfest+2003&.dnm=AutoTuner+034.jpg&.view=t

·
Mr. Negative
11,977 Posts
Congrats Matt! I can't wait to hear more about the experience and their work on the IS. Have they started work on any other IS's? Another IS tuner is always good for everyone.

Did they stay w/ the Haltec?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I kept everything from Toyomoto...Lance is still the genius deep down inside this car...But Auto Tuner ..If you have seen Hulk Hogans Supra..PUts together a beautiful engine bay and beautiful dyno numbers...which is what I wanted...We are keeping the Haltek E6-k as there was no reason to switch....Auto Tuner will be making a Turbo Kit here soon for the IS300 and I will keep everyone updated...My Lex is there first boosted IS300...but Larry is very confident as hes a Toyota wiz...that there IS300's to come will be just as sik....
-Matt

·
Blue Glowie
3,611 Posts
UnVme said:
Yes I kept everything from Toyomoto...Lance is still the genius deep down inside this car...But Auto Tuner ..If you have seen Hulk Hogans Supra..PUts together a beautiful engine bay and beautiful dyno numbers...which is what I wanted...We are keeping the Haltek E6-k as there was no reason to switch....Auto Tuner will be making a Turbo Kit here soon for the IS300 and I will keep everyone updated...My Lex is there first boosted IS300...but Larry is very confident as hes a Toyota wiz...that there IS300's to come will be just as sik....
-Matt
I just hope they don't take your car and copy all of Lance's work, then think they can introduce a turbo to the IS market. :-?

Looks good though.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
O no...they arent like that...they are more the type to make their own and be differrent...
-Matt

·
Premium Member
5,099 Posts
Lookin' good so far Matt!

I will definately be looking out for the new pics vids, and especially the dyno... :wink:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
JE pistons and crower rods? Jeez man are you trying to boost past 35psi and make 800rwhp? Why the sc300 head if you are doing the hks 264's for more airflow? Does the sc300 head flow that much better than the is head? Just wondering. Anyway I decided on doing the hks 264 duration cams as well, they are installed already with an extra hks intake cam gear, new dyno and track numbers are to come. Congrats man looks like your car is gonna make it to the top of the boosted is300 list.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys....Yes Im going for lots of power so we built it to hold it...I also have a NX 75 shot wet kit, And Ntercooler kit...Which is already installed....
-Matt

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
UnVme said:
Thanks guys....Yes Im going for lots of power so we built it to hold it...I also have a NX 75 shot wet kit, And Ntercooler kit...Which is already installed....
-Matt
:eek: damm man your car is going to be scary, now I understand the neccesity for the je pistons and crower rods, spraying nitrous while a turbo is spooling and creating all kinds of boost demands those kind of internals.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lots of power...Hell i have been waiting long enough for it...
-Matt

·
Registered
525 Posts
Lookin' good. Auto Tuner has a great reputation throughout the Supra owners.

·
Premium Member
14,416 Posts
what are you using for stopping power?

David

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
HAHA....havent figured out stopping yet....i wanna do the prolex or stoptech 4 wheel kit but they are pretty pricey...so maybe Gran turismo's up front....We will see...Thanks again for compliments....
-Matt

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This is actually a crappy pic...things are more together now...parts comming back form chromers...and NOw we doin a full 3.5" exhaust...no resonators or cats...Into a HKS carbon ti muffler...I literally get goosebumps just typing this and thinking about it...
-Matt

1 - 20 of 23 Posts