Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can this option be put in after or are there any diy's on how to enable this option on cars without lux or sports package??

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Can this option be put in after or are there any diy's on how to enable this option on cars without lux or sports package??
I seriously doubt there's any affordable way to do this, likely requires changing one of the ECUs (body ECU maybe?)

It's kinda like enabling the "real" TC/VSC disable on 06 models... probably _can_ be done, but doesn't make much economic sense to do it.

Unlike the above, I'm unaware of anyone having done it even once though. (I do know one guy who did the TC/VSC thing since he had to replace that ECU for other reasons and used one from a newer car)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just put those round blind spot mirrors on mine, does the same thing and lets me know if theres someone next to me while driving. Best $1 mod IMO and theres a lot less turning your head to see if anyone is next to you!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a after market unit installed in my Is200 that dips the mirror in reverse and then returns it to existing position.

it just taps into the Mirror Tilt motors.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thank you for the information. I got home from a work trip today and moved the control to the left side. The tilt mirror option is working now.

·
Registered
208 Posts
My 05 Rx Does this which is without nav. But my 06 IS doesnt. I have every option there is except Mark Levinson audio. Like i got Nav and Back up Camera and parking sensors. So am i still not in the luxury package slot? Cause my mirrors dont tilt. I've tried switching the switch to left and right no luck.

·
Jedi Knight
7,619 Posts

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
My 05 Rx Does this which is without nav. But my 06 IS doesnt. I have every option there is except Mark Levinson audio. Like i got Nav and Back up Camera and parking sensors. So am i still not in the luxury package slot? Cause my mirrors dont tilt. I've tried switching the switch to left and right no luck.

I can't speak to Canadian cars, as they are optioned different from US cars.

In the US none of the features you mention have anything to do with the package your car has (nav and backup camera are the same, standalone, option, parking sensors are a standalone option).

Luxury package (in the US) is memory seats, rain-sensing wipers, power rear sunshade, HIDs (which are also available by themselves), illuminated door sills, perforated leather seats with heat and venting, woodgrain--
plus the auto dim/auto tilt side mirrors

Sports package (in the US) is memory seats, rain-sensing wipers, HIDs, perforated leather seats with heat and venting, sports pedals, aluminum door sills, and the sport suspension--
plus the auto dim/auto tilt side mirrors

So, in the US anyway, if the car has memory seats it has the auto-tilt mirrors... if it doesn't then it doesn't.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So, I had one of my doors repainted and they removed it to do so. I hadn't parallel parked until about a week after getting my car back and I noticed that my auto-tilt feature no longer worked. I've tested the L/R mirror selector as mentioned previously in this post. This doesn't improve results. Does anyone on this thread know how I can fix mine no longer working? I can't move my mirrors at all now, not even manually. Is this just a simple fuse by any chance?

·
Registered
30 Posts
So, I had one of my doors repainted and they removed it to do so. I hadn't parallel parked until about a week after getting my car back and I noticed that my auto-tilt feature no longer worked. I've tested the L/R mirror selector as mentioned previously in this post. This doesn't improve results. Does anyone on this thread know how I can fix mine no longer working? I can't move my mirrors at all now, not even manually. Is this just a simple fuse by any chance?
It may need a reset, like the windows when some electrical work has been done.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts