Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got the auto leveling sensor blues. lights are pointed down and icon has been on for 2 months now. car has been lowered years ago without incident. i've checked the rear adjustments and it correctly points 6 o'clock. so my question is:

1. there is another sensor in front, is that suppose to point to the same position as the rear? i assume they level each other.

2. how do you test a bad auto leveling sensor? i've read posts that say they corrode, but is that visible, how do i test it to find out for sure before springing for those over priced sensors?

thanks.

·
Registered
235 Posts
You would need to do a resistance check of the sensor. Connect an ohm meter to it and move the arm to watch the values. Off hand I dont know what they are but there will be a section on it in the repair manual.

Eric

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
slipnslide said:
same problem with me. been asking around and seems like noone in .net knows how to solve this problem
I would refer to the manual and test the sensors to make sure they're still good. When installing my coilovers today i noticed that there's a sensor similar to the rear on the front, but i'm not sure if it's another autolevelign sensor. I would think it is though b/c it's pretty much the same as the one in the rear. PM me if you need the manual.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How does the problem manifest itself if it's the front sensor or the rear sensor that is faulty? My problem is the headlights point downward. Mechanic said that it was broken I am not sure if it's the front or the rear sensor.
2007 IS awd. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
How does the problem manifest itself if it's the front sensor or the rear sensor that is faulty? My problem is the headlights point downward. Mechanic said that it was broken I am not sure if it's the front or the rear sensor.
2007 IS awd. Thanks.
First off. There can be a few reasons. There is one on the front and rear. There is a spec in the factory service manual online that will help you test them. It could even be a fuse or the leveler in the headlights. Could even be wiring.

I would say. Was it working properly before? Or has it been like this for a while?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds ominous, I did not notice it being as bad as now. The warning light for the auto Leveling has not come on so I was not concerned in the city however it became evident when I had to drive the highway at night. I don't see the headlamp moving down and up like it used to. I will start with the Manual and see what fuse is involved. I think it's more serious than that and not being very good with electronic testing I'll have to weight my options. Looking at the parts involved in the self leveling which is attached to the suspension I see that the sensor has a tendency to rust on the inside. If that's the problem I am hoping I can replace just the sensor and not the whole piece which sells for $300 to $1000 based on some parts websites here in Canada. Happy Holidays.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Sounds ominous, I did not notice it being as bad as now. The warning light for the auto Leveling has not come on so I was not concerned in the city however it became evident when I had to drive the highway at night. I don't see the headlamp moving down and up like it used to. I will start with the Manual and see what fuse is involved. I think it's more serious than that and not being very good with electronic testing I'll have to weight my options. Looking at the parts involved in the self leveling which is attached to the suspension I see that the sensor has a tendency to rust on the inside. If that's the problem I am hoping I can replace just the sensor and not the whole piece which sells for $300 to $1000 based on some parts websites here in Canada. Happy Holidays.
Hearing that. I would say bad sensors. ust replace both. They are not that much.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Had the same issue happened to me when i had my rear suspention replaced and repaired. After it was repaired from them working on the back i noticed all the sudden my warning light leveling senors where on. Now when i turn my car on i can see the lights adjust themsselfs when they come up and down into their position.. but does not have any affect when i go over a bump or slight incline or decline they do not adjust anymore :(

could it be the mechanic in the back that wasnt looking for soemthing like this and just did something you arent suppose to and it turns on a warning light..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts