Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I can't post there, so I'll throw my 2 cents in here.
My cousin has a Tundra and if you wait a split second after you turn the engine off the doors unlock by themselves. My friend's Camry also does this. I guess this in no way proves that the IS3 does this, but I'd say it's a definite possiblity.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I had an alarm shop hook my old Viper Alarm up to do just that as soon as the ignition was turned off. The doors would unlock. When I turned the key to start the car, the doors would lock. If that's what you want it definitely can be done.

·
Registered
343 Posts
This sounds like something that can be programmed by the dealer.. anyone ask about the programmable features yet ? I'd ask.. but I don't have one yet so that kinda takes the fun out of asking..

yeah.. 200 posts..

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Both dealers I asked about C-BEST didn't really know what could be changed.

They said that they could study the service manual if I gave them some more time...

·
Registered
80 Posts
I find there is a definite difference in approach between factory and port installed alarms.

1. Factory - uses a chip inside the key to send a code to the ECU which allows the car to start. No automatic door locking.
2. Port - Glorified keyless entry. Locks doors automatically though.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Are we sure that you are not bumping the unlock button while turning the key???. I have done that - the turn/e-flash indicators blinked at the same time so I am pretty sure that I bumped the button. The car probably ignores the key buttons while the car is running and/or the key is fully in the ignition switch.

Terry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
7 Participants
TSoich
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing