Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I can't post there, so I'll throw my 2 cents in here.
My cousin has a Tundra and if you wait a split second after you turn the engine off the doors unlock by themselves. My friend's Camry also does this. I guess this in no way proves that the IS3 does this, but I'd say it's a definite possiblity.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I had an alarm shop hook my old Viper Alarm up to do just that as soon as the ignition was turned off. The doors would unlock. When I turned the key to start the car, the doors would lock. If that's what you want it definitely can be done.

·
Registered
343 Posts
This sounds like something that can be programmed by the dealer.. anyone ask about the programmable features yet ? I'd ask.. but I don't have one yet so that kinda takes the fun out of asking..

yeah.. 200 posts..

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Both dealers I asked about C-BEST didn't really know what could be changed.

They said that they could study the service manual if I gave them some more time...

·
Registered
80 Posts
I find there is a definite difference in approach between factory and port installed alarms.

1. Factory - uses a chip inside the key to send a code to the ECU which allows the car to start. No automatic door locking.
2. Port - Glorified keyless entry. Locks doors automatically though.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Are we sure that you are not bumping the unlock button while turning the key???. I have done that - the turn/e-flash indicators blinked at the same time so I am pretty sure that I bumped the button. The car probably ignores the key buttons while the car is running and/or the key is fully in the ignition switch.

Terry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts