Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the IS300 comes with a “Auto Dimming Mirror”? I carefully skimmed trough the IS300 brochure and nowhere does it say anything about a dimming mirror.

Anyone have any feedback regarding this…

Danny Z

·
Registered
423 Posts
There is no auto-dimming mirror.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I don't believe so. Let's hope they'll have it for next year.

Maybe possible to get the assembly and install it yourself??? Probably cost an arm and a leg for that......

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
There are a couple aftermarket mirrors (rear-view, not side-view) that you can buy and install. They also come with a compass and temperature gauge. They cost a few hundred dollars though, not including installation.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Per Edmund.com:
driver's and passenger's power remote body-colored heated folding outside mirrors, dual zone front air conditioning with climate control, first aid kit,auto-dimming day/night rearview mirror. For those who has sat in the IS300 before or will get a chance to do so in the coming days. If you look at the rear view mirror, you should see a little round hole near the lower corner (light sensor) if the car indeed comes with auto dim feature.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Based on what I saw on the dash of the IS300, I don't see how one could set two different temperatures.

Auto dimming isn't really necessary anyways. I mean, how often will someone be able to follow you ?

--k

[This message has been edited by chiem (edited June 13, 2000).]

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
True that..."Argh, this guy's lights are too bright! Time to use the E-shift and downshift! HAHAHAH...eat IS300 exhaust!"

Originally posted by chiem:
Based on what I saw on the dash of the IS300, I don't see how one could set two different temperatures.

Auto dimming isn't really necessary anyways. I mean, how often will someone be able to follow you ?

--k

[This message has been edited by chiem (edited June 13, 2000).]

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
No autodim mirror(s) is totally unacceptable and purely more profit taking b/c they thought few would notice or care.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Also, I noticed that the sun visors does not have extensions on them to block the sun from beaming through between the rearview mirror like other Lexuses. These little inconveniences are very un-Lexus-like.

·
Registered
424 Posts
The cardirect web link in this thread actually carries some mis-information about IS300. They just copied some info from GS300 to the link like double accessory power outlets, dual climate control , etc are all GS300's but not IS300's feature.

However, things like 6-way power seats and the tire size are correct.

For the sunshade extensions, it's normal for IS300 without them coz` if you look at the pictures closer, you will see that the rear view mirror is a bit wider than normal and the sunshades are quite large.

GS and LS don't have sunshade extensions as well. GS has a pretty wide rear-view mirror (not sure for LS).

ES have the sunshade extensions and regular size rear-view mirror though.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Some sites claimed that the 17 inch wheel is optinal on the IS3 and some magazines claimed that it's a standard feature and if you want to switch back to the 16 inch, it won't be any charges. Which one is it?

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
In the USA 17" is the "standard", and (I think) in Canada 16" is "standard", but it really doesn't matter - the 16" and 17" will cost the same either way, and the dealers will be getting a mix of both types.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Now I'm confused. The AL option dealer is charging is a different kind of 17 inch wheel? I thought all 17 inch wheels are graphite wheels.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Flavor,

Which dealer you going thru? I think the graphite wheels are optional...the alloys are standard...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
13 Participants
DMX
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing