Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. please help me out here as to what my best option is........
all suggestions welcome.....

i was parked at wal-mart the other day (far away from other ppl and away from carriages) and somehow a cart managed to slam into my passenger side rear door and leave 2 quarter size dents. my car is an GGP 03.......i'm wondering what the auto body will do and what to do as far as the paint goes....is it going to match exactly........i'm stressing...i want it exactly back to normal.......whats my best option? should i go to lexus?? any suggestions appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well there is a small scratch on one of the dents.....the other shows no paint damage.......but i was under the impression that the body shop would have to drill holes in order to get the dents out making it so they had to repaint the door.......i dont' know how that works though

·
Premium Member
16,597 Posts
Are there any "Dent Wizard"-type businesses in your area? I understand that they can fix the sort of dents you have without having to repaint, etc.

·
8,849 Posts
jruhi4 said:
Are there any "Dent Wizard"-type businesses in your area? I understand that they can fix the sort of dents you have without having to repaint, etc.
Try PDR (Painteless Dent Removal) as mentioned above. I used DentWizard before and they did an amazing job. However, if the paint is damaged, they will not be able to do anything about it.

I don't think body shops do the drilling. Small things they can cover up. On large areas, they replace parts.

You cannot paint a small area. A body shop would have to paint a large area of the vehicle, then more for color matching/blending in. My whole left side was repainted in order to blend-in color of the new paint put on the rear door (some people cannot drive around other vehicles :pissed: ).

The newer the vechile, the better the new paint would match.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts