Lexus IS Forum banner

Austin TPL - Autocross event Nov 16

928 views 22 replies 6 participants last post by  kuuligan 
#1 ·
Ok foolios. The last autocross event of the year is upon us. There won't be one until March. So if you want to test out those mods of yours, this is the event to do it. So who's in? It's 20 bucks to register.

How about a friendly wager? Lowest finish buys a round of drinks!

#11 ·
oh yeah...the car.

I worked it out and it looks like i might be driving the new S4 around this time next year. that's why i'm autocrossing my IS now. have a little fun with the car before getting that oh so sweet S4. I'd go for an RS6 if i can afford it but with that kind of money, i could have a blue S4 and a red S4 instead.

so who's going to spokes this weekend. sign up already. dammit you all are pissing me off. :lol:

#14 ·
ubiquitous said:
oh yeah...the car.

I worked it out and it looks like i might be driving the new S4 around this time next year. that's why i'm autocrossing my IS now. have a little fun with the car before getting that oh so sweet S4. I'd go for an RS6 if i can afford it but with that kind of money, i could have a blue S4 and a red S4 instead.

so who's going to spokes this weekend. sign up already. dammit you all are pissing me off. :lol:
S4 :eek: :crazy: ...

get the RS4, its coming out soon also :wink:

#15 ·
kuuligan said:
ubiquitous said:
oh yeah...the car.

S4 :eek: :crazy: ...

get the RS4, its coming out soon also :wink:
that's the one with the twin turbo right? excellent.

#19 ·
it's fun as hell but it's really rough on the car. i scheduled an oil change after the event but the engine was so hot that i had to let it sit in the garage open with a fan blowing on it.

well it's the last event of the season for spokes but i might take a trip down to SA this weekend or on Dec 7th to run one last time before winter kicks in to high gear.

time to think of mods....slicks, koni shocks, brake lines, pads, lighter wheels...

speaking of wheels, can you fit a 245 on 7.5 wheel and offset of 42 or 43 without rubbing? this guy with a g35 sedan forced a 245 on a 7in rim and it looks funny. not even sure if it's safe but he did pretty good out there.

#20 ·
ubiquitous said:
it's fun as hell but it's really rough on the car. i scheduled an oil change after the event but the engine was so hot that i had to let it sit in the garage open with a fan blowing on it.

well it's the last event of the season for spokes but i might take a trip down to SA this weekend or on Dec 7th to run one last time before winter kicks in to high gear.

time to think of mods....slicks, koni shocks, brake lines, pads, lighter wheels...

speaking of wheels, can you fit a 245 on 7.5 wheel and offset of 42 or 43 without rubbing? this guy with a g35 sedan forced a 245 on a 7in rim and it looks funny. not even sure if it's safe but he did pretty good out there.
I think the ideal is 8-9.5, but it may work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.