Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, the next meet will be on the 7th of December, the first Saturday. We still need to pick a place for the meet. We will meet up at the usual spot at D&B and head out from there. We can meet up at 5 again and head to a warm spot because it looks like it will be cold! :whine: :x So, add your thoughts about the meet spot, I will post a poll later after we a few responses have been added. Thanks everyone!

Chris

·
Registered
353 Posts
sounds like a plan to me!! I'm down to cruise Austin or hit a spot if you guys have any ideas. jdogg, has there been any update on the website and e-mail accounts?

Chris, are you suppose to have your car before the end of the year?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
the actual website as well as the email accounts are in the hands of Big Mike at PLP. I'm waiting on him to give me some space. For now you can go here to check out the website design and to get the latest news. If you guys have any suggestions or want to put something up there let me know. BTW: the links up top are now working.

Oh. I am probably not going to make the 7th. I kinda promised a friend of mine I'd go to his birthday party. :-?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Doh! I guess I forgot to put that one up : I was in the process of checking the pages when the data transfer limit kicked in last night. fuking geocities :pissed: That's the only problem with the site where its at... you can only surf like two pages before it kicks you out for an hour. Does anyone have an austin.rr homepage that they are not using? I'm not sure if I can fit everything on one but we can try.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Website is looking good man! I hope some more people post on here, I guess everyone is busy. I sent out emails, no responses yet. :cry:

I think one of the guys from the team will be willing to let us use some space, he offered a while back, so I will ask him again.

Chris

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
ok. fixed the pic in the models section. (i'm actually wondering if i'll get anybody to send me a pic) :lol:

I got my car back today and it looks like they fixed the gaps pretty good but they couldnt get the bumper to line up with the taillights : So Im thinking that when I get the rest of the kit, ill take it back there and have them mold the whole damn kit. we'll see.

Chris:
I talked to Marwan and he said you have to bring your car up there with the rims. He's got to look at it and see if it can be done properly.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Where did you get the kit fitted at? How much did they charge you? Nice site by the way ... I have some friends that might hook us up with some pics ... girls that is :D . Well hope everyone has a happy t.giving and I will try to make it out that weekend if I can. Late

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guys, yall think we should hold off on the meet till the next weekend? Only 3 people have responded so far, that makes four of us at the meet. I will send out another email to see if the next weekend will be a better meet date.

Chris

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
yeah. i am not going to be there next weekend, so if we could postpone it for a week that would be cool.

i got the bumper installed at protech. they did an okay job of it considering the bumper was already painted and shit.

·
Registered
654 Posts
i'm booked for the rest of dec. for graduations and xmas/new year celebrations.

hey chris, i just sent you a reply email regarding hosting the website on my box for a while. let me know within the next couple of weeks before i get too preocuppied with the holidays.

hameed, i forgot to mention but you probably already know, the creaky dash stuff is all warranty work....if it matters. still sucks that we have to put up with that problem on a lexus of all cars.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
so the date get moved back or what? let me know so i can update the website. Ub, you do websites? If so, you are more than welcome to take this baby over. My website skills suck wang seeing as how i just learned how to do it a couple of months ago. Let me know.

·
Registered
654 Posts
jdogg said:
so the date get moved back or what? let me know so i can update the website. Ub, you do websites? If so, you are more than welcome to take this baby over. My website skills suck wang seeing as how i just learned how to do it a couple of months ago. Let me know.
hey jdogg, i'm not much of a web designer but i can host the site for a while to take it off geocities. this way, it won't have any page hits limitation. anyway, the page looks good and there's no need for me to take over. just email me the files or any other info about the website and i'll try to get it running on my machine. by the way, did you buy a domain name for the site? if not, we can get one from www.godaddy.com for $8/year. maybe austinprolex.com? i bought myis300.com right after i got the car. we could use that in the interim.

email: [email protected]

-eric

·
Registered
654 Posts
you know what? i think it'll probably be better if i setup an ftp site so you can start uploading those files. well just tell me the details so we can figure out the best way to do this and we'll go on from there.

et

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
ubiquitous said:
you know what? i think it'll probably be better if i setup an ftp site so you can start uploading those files. well just tell me the details so we can figure out the best way to do this and we'll go on from there.

et
sorry its taken so long for me to get back with you. been hella busy with work, the final weeks of school, and thanksgiving. Prolly the best way to do this if you want to host would be to set up an ftp that way i can change stuff on the fly w/o having to email you everytime something changes. just email me the ftp address and pw and I can move everything over. btw: i think we can come up with $8 bucks to get www.teamprolexaustin.com or whatever you guys want, right chris?
-p

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea, I think that should be possible. ;)

So, the meet will be postponed, no one has replied, and it may not be worth it to meet up this weekend. We need to decided on another meet date. I know this will be a busy month though. Post your thoughts.

1 - 20 of 179 Posts
About this Discussion
178 Replies
13 Participants
VVTIS
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing