Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, bad news for me.

got pulled over doign 90 on 65 in mopac just now. its horrible man, i dun usually speed that much. just got unlucky.

as i just got into a bad wreck in my lude late last yr, my insurance is jacked.
My question, what advice can you give me? any of you got experience i could use?
Tiket was written for 25mph, which means i cant do defensive driving.
Any of you know if its possible to do deferred adjudication?
Anyone know good lawyers?
Hey guys, i know its my own fault, but i need all the help i can get.
i was pulled over at travis county under Austin Municiple court.
thanks

*is this the correct place to post this?

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Where was in on Mopac that you got pulled over? Traffic permitting, I usually curiseo n there at like 90ish, guess I better slow down.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
You can try getting an lawyer. I got some lady named susan something. It was in the yellow pages for speeding ticket dismisal. Try looking it up if you are going to go the lawyer route. If not use your family lawyer if you have one. I did this a long time ago and it was pretty easy. The officer never showed up so, voila, the tickets were dismissed. If he is there, the DA usually believes the officer. So its up to you, but I don't think you are elligible for D.J. because you still have to take defensive driving and go on probation for about 3 months or 6 months. Forgot the details but good luck.
Mike

·
Registered
654 Posts
yeah the cops are always there. sometimes, there's a dummy cop parked there. sorry i can't help you much here since i've never gotten a speeding ticket like that. come to think of it, it's been 10 yrs since i got a speeding ticket.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
turbonamja said:
You can try getting an lawyer. I got some lady named susan something. It was in the yellow pages for speeding ticket dismisal. Try looking it up if you are going to go the lawyer route. If not use your family lawyer if you have one. I did this a long time ago and it was pretty easy. The officer never showed up so, voila, the tickets were dismissed. If he is there, the DA usually believes the officer. So its up to you, but I don't think you are elligible for D.J. because you still have to take defensive driving and go on probation for about 3 months or 6 months. Forgot the details but good luck.
Mike
hey tks for info mike.
can you refer me to any lawyer you know?
my goal is not to get any points on my insurance. having the whole thing dismissed is a long shot but would be spastic!

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Man, her first name was Susan .... Just check the yellow pages under lawyers and speeding tickets. I did that when I was 18 and that was years ago. Make sure you ask specific questions and tell her about your situation.
Mike

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
ubiquitous said:
yeah the cops are always there. sometimes, there's a dummy cop parked there. sorry i can't help you much here since i've never gotten a speeding ticket like that. come to think of it, it's been 10 yrs since i got a speeding ticket.
I think you just jinx'd yourself man! :whine: :crazy:

·
Registered
654 Posts
VVTIS said:
ubiquitous said:
I think you just jinx'd yourself man! :whine: :crazy:
dammit! you just jinx'd me by telling me i just jinx'd myself! :whine: :x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts