Lexus IS Forum banner
201 - 220 of 278 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Stage, mate, Im honored you think my car is worth copying considering you guys in the states have all the fastest 2J's and a four link is nothing new. Im more than happy to answer any questions if you have any. As for te 3.4 stroker. Im not sure if I know you or you read it somewhere else? My bottom end is being build as we speak.

As for power, Im not chasing a number on a dyno. Most ppl seem to be happy with a big turbo and a bigger dyno number..1000hp in a 1500kg car is good for an 8 second pass, its putting it all together right thats the key (which Im sure you know) I do have another IS shell which is going to be the drag car (HAHAHA 1 day, you seen how long this has taken me) My car is a manual so I can enjoy it, I have built it to enjoy not to chase numbers, Thats the next one ;)

Im fitting the extra cubes for 2 reasons torque and driveability (spool time) I have a few other tricks I am sorting as well :) Sure you might be able to do 300+kmph with a huge turbo but honestly how nice is that car to drive? If a big turbo and dyno numbers made my penis bigger then I would have a turbo so big I would need a trailer to carry it around. Besides its torque that gets you across the line no HP.

Theres 2Js over here with 1200hp on dyno dynamics which is around 1350 on a dyno jet (thats at the rear wheels) and only runs an 11s but they win every dyno comp in the country

Good luck If you need a hand let me know.
Thanks for the reply. We won't just copy the car, not our style. But we would like to leverage your experience in the future, so we really appreciate you openly sharing your build process and what worked and didn't work etc. You are using a lot of nice parts.

As for the stroker, I only skimmed the 5 page thread, so I may have missed if you mentioned it. Sounds like you are going that route? If so, it's well worth the small extra displacement. We have quite a bit of experience with the crower 3.4L crank and street drove 1135whp for a couple years with zero issues. It was responsive for an 80mm turbo, crossing over a 1000whp by 5600 and never dipping below all the way to 9k. A 76mm should spool a few hundred rpm sooner, but is down considerable hp relative to a 80mm on the top end. I will tell you that in our street and dyno experience that a 3.4L spools an 80mm faster than a 3L spools a 76mm. A 76 mated to a stoker should work well, but I don't think you'll see much faster spool relative to an 80mm unless you spray a spool up shot.

Keep up the great work and be sure to post your C16 high boost dyno graph and track results!

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·
Thanks. Some usable information there for me as well. Not many ppl over here using a stroker with a larger turbo. Hell not many ppl using a stroke that I know of. 2 that I know of and they both run 35r's.

And I didnt mean copy as is COPY I was refering to using some ideas.

I will be sure to post up some graph of the c16.

Was spose to happen last night but they couldnt end up doing it. No booked for mid next week.

· Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,916 Posts
Links to other pics were moved.

Oh

My

GAWDDDD

Damn if this car isn't virtually perfect!.... aside from the 'straight line' focus....;) I like railing turns.

but Gawddam that engine bay is just freaking PERFECT!!

Beayoooootiful

· Registered
2,382 Posts
Great build, I love how the car remains nearly spotless the whole time...as if it was destined for a video buidography. Subscribed to this one.

Fig
Yeah, it really is a clean build, literally.

Pictures must have been taken after things were tiddy'd up a bit, though. Or IS1000 has OCD and creates zero mess while working on the car. :)

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
Pretty hard to get dirty or make a mess with brand new parts--lol..

With this car I messure 20 times and cut once.. Everything is taped before a cut,grind or weld. Cleaned, masked and painted.

Im pretty fussy when it comes to the better qualiity cars in the workshop.. You can see from the pics its never really dirty (the shop) and some of the cars are under covers whilst not being worked on.

As for the ones that do collect dust and crap, they get there regular wash and get covered once we are not working on them as well.

I cant afford to be painting customers cars if they are scratched or damaged. Especailly when care takes about 15 minutes a day.

· Registered
4,419 Posts
i'm continually amazed each time i pull this thread back up...

have some well deserved rep!:approve:

Reactions: IS1000

· Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,916 Posts
Brett,

can you provide ANY more detailed info on those seats... i have been digging around the web & ebay world wide but no luck is there a specific MFG name or brand name on them any where...??

papa like...:)

THanks

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 ·
Brett,

can you provide ANY more detailed info on those seats... i have been digging around the web & ebay world wide but no luck is there a specific MFG name or brand name on them any where...??

THanks
Mine was the red one (carbon fibre) I tried searching the Autobarn store and nothing. This is all I could find. As you can see they are $899 each.

You can ring Autobarn Australia and find out how to get them and if you are still 100% want them, I 'll send them off for you..
Brett

******CARBON AND KEVLAR SEATS***** - Nissan Silvia

(its the only pic I could find)

· Vendor
4,610 Posts
C'mon edge if you can't be happy with your recaros....send em to me ;)

Brett,

THanks

· Registered
2,066 Posts
Links to other pics were moved.

o m f g ! !

The perfection...

I would have to say this is one of my fav. IS300's other than ISMAN's ;)

· Registered
2,169 Posts
Hmm yeah .. all the above. lol

Luv the car really - It's amazing to see how it was and what it has become!

· Registered
1,656 Posts
thats a great pic.

cant wait for the video...:popcorn:

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #220 ·
ok good news and bad new..

Bad new is the spring in the waste was not what I thought and is only holding 30psi.. It turns out its a 15lb spring and I thought it was 20. Will sort that out tomorrow and have to re-dyno it on Monday..

Good news is car made 838RWHP (dyno dynamics) = 985RWHP (dynojet) at 30PSI (Race fuel only) :bigSmile: Extremly happy with the outcome but not so happy its not sorted. Car sounded very strrong and will see a 35 minimum and might push it higher.. Will be interesting to see what se makes at 35+

Any guesses?

Will get a vid of the 35.. I Have the dyno graph here if anyone wants to see it.

201 - 220 of 278 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.