Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 278 Posts

· Registered
2,169 Posts
lookin' good man - anything done to the tranny or it was just nicely painted?

· Registered
240 Posts
Now thats some sweet shit...getting some rep for this machine

Reactions: IS1000

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Finally got the turbo back form the coaters.. Its had the V band fitted to the back of the housing and polished so its smooth as the front then coated in ceramic

Fitted the coils. Made up some brackets so they dont touch anywhere so there is plenty of air around them for cooling. Bit tricky getting the leads on but worth them being hidden in the end..
here are just a few shots of it with the turbo all on.. Still need a few mods to the front of the turbo ( 90deg bend)

The breathers out the top of each rocker cover will go back to a custom alloy catch can in the passenger side corner of the engine bay where the wires are. The can will cover both the ECU and CDI
Off to be wired then sorting the diff, rear wheels, cage and fuel out.. SHOULD be on the road late Jan and a time slip in feb :)

· Registered
1,653 Posts
very nice!

· Registered
942 Posts
Holy moly. That thing is bad ass!

· Registered
18,849 Posts
coming along nice...

didnt realize it was so far away from completion from your last posts, especially when you had the engine dyno'd....whats been the hold up??

· Premium Member
8,435 Posts
Nice work but why go for a Greddy crank pulley? Why not the Titan or Boostlogic where crank dampening/vibration isn't going to be an issue.

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
tsopranoMB said:
coming along nice...

didnt realize it was so far away from completion from your last posts, especially when you had the engine dyno'd....whats been the hold up??
The hold up is time. I need more of it.. 24 hours in a day just doesnt cut it..The car sits in the corner waiting. I could just get someone to finish it off but it just wouldn't be the same if I didnt do it myself.

Then when I do get time I seem to be waiting on other parts or people.. Money plays a factor to, I dont know about you but I have wages to pay a workshop to run a morgage and people to support I would love the car finished but I can only do so much.. I now have to wait 6 weeks for the housing and axles to be made before we can make up the brackets for the rear suspension.

All good things come to those who wait. :)

Thanks for the comments guys.

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Eminence said:
Nice work but why go for a Greddy crank pulley? Why not the Titan or Boostlogic where crank dampening/vibration isn't going to be an issue.

Its not Greddy.. Its ROSS I am the Australian distributor for the balancer..

They make 2, one is a 2 pce version with the dampening being a seperate pce to the alloy pulley. (like on this motor, and similar to the titan)

And the other is called a full metal jacket where the entire balancer is in cased in a alloy jacket which is what Im running on the drag car..

http://www.rosstuffbond.com.au/htms/pagebits/intfrm.htm

Read up, I would love distributors over there.. :)

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
RAVEN said:
Wow that looks badass...... Good luck with the build. What rear are you putting in?
I'll be using a 9 inch. Mark williams alloy housing and axles running a custom 4-link coil over setup. No point in going to all the trouble of building a car with power and not finishing it off properly.Its the best/strongest and only way to get the traction I am after.

· Registered
2,169 Posts
just like malek asked - what seats are those, and how hard was it to make them fit?

If they are some porsche power seats, did you get everything working correctly /w memory? ;)

1 - 20 of 278 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.