Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aight here it is. This months meet will be at De's house, we can install good if needed: Lets Start the rollcall

ROLL CALL

1. IS300GTR Soda & Chips
2. SophieSleeps
3. Newton-IS300
4. TomC
5. lambchop11078 (maybe)
6. IS300_Onyx_SportDesign Fruits
7. RIS300 (maybe)
8. lex2569 (maybe)
9. Eminence (maybe)
10. wz1999

-Eddie

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
I can make it if we do it on the 16th or the 31st My birthday is on the 30th so I cannot make it that day. I will probably not be installing anything but will help of course.

Eddie - I talked to Edgy about your decals I should have them for you then. Let me know about the A51 strut bar.

De - Interested in a rear camera install ($$$ involved)??? And thanx again for the sways bro.

Eddie is the cook king!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the way i calculated it it would be 500 for the whole install of the rear view camera. this would be a camera in the key hole and the monitor in a jdm dash tray

oh cool bout the decals. and i will be gettin the prices on the a51 stuff soon.

I will cook as long as i get to look at nice cars

-Eddie

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
IS300GTR said:
the way i calculated it it would be 500 for the whole install of the rear view camera. this would be a camera in the key hole and the monitor in a jdm dash tray

oh cool bout the decals. and i will be gettin the prices on the a51 stuff soon.

I will cook as long as i get to look at nice cars

-Eddie
Would that be a sliding or removeable monitor? What if I used the IVA -D900 head unit, and ran the camera to the keyhole and the wiring to the passenger seat which is the location of the brain.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that would be fine, you would only have to pay like 100-150 if you already have a tv. all you need is the camera and the wiring, it would be pretty easy to install.

the price was with a monitor that you can take out of put flat into the dash tray.

-Eddie

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Camera install?

I've never done one. It depends on the camera. You could try one of those off ebay for 50 bucks or you could get a more expensive one for 150 or so.

As for the screen, some don't have brain units. Some only have 1 input. If you decide to go that route, you can get an rca switcher to switch to a DVD should you decide to l8ter.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its fine it doesnt take to long, all you have to do is have the rite stuff. i did it in my friends galant, it wasnt too hard.

-Eddie

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
IS300GTR said:
its fine it doesnt take to long, all you have to do is have the rite stuff. i did it in my friends galant, it wasnt too hard.

-Eddie
I'll call BS on this one. :)
Everyone knows it always takes longer than expected to get it just right. It'll take me more than a day probably.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just to wire the camera??, at most one day im thinkin a few hours at most with a few people workin on it.

-Eddie

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
De and Eddie stop arguing. I would get a good camera, but I am still up in the air on the IVA or a setup like De's............................what to do. If you make the meet on one of those days I will make it worth everyone's while.....................

Come on guys give me some suggestions IVA or JDM

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
TomC said:
De and Eddie stop arguing. I would get a good camera, but I am still up in the air on the IVA or a setup like De's............................what to do. If you make the meet on one of those days I will make it worth everyone's while.....................

What does IVA mean? WTF?

Doing the wiring for the camera will take 20-30 minutes. It's setting it up on a bracket and securing it which is hard.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
SophieSleeps said:
TomC said:

What does IVA mean? WTF?

Doing the wiring for the camera will take 20-30 minutes. It's setting it up on a bracket and securing it which is hard.
It means the Alpine IVA-D900 head unit. Sorry to get techinal on your @ss. Your setup looks schhweet, but I have never been one for copy catting, but I love the clean stealth factory look. I'm so confused.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
TomC said:
It means the Alpine IVA-D900 head unit. Sorry to get techinal on your @ss. Your setup looks schhweet, but I have never been one for copy catting, but I love the clean stealth factory look. I'm so confused.
I'm a fan of keeping the stock head unit myself. It's cheaper to do a video setup that way. It sounds great and you don't have to worry too much about people trying to rip out your head unit.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
SophieSleeps said:
TomC said:
I'm a fan of keeping the stock head unit myself. It's cheaper to do a video setup that way. It sounds great and you don't have to worry too much about people trying to rip out your head unit.
I want a rear camera, xbox, and a dvd. Any suggestions on screen/brain. Could you help me do this?? And don't think for a second if you say yes that you are doing it for free. I will buy you some $hit for your car. What do you want? Besides a turbo.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
TomC said:
I want a rear camera, xbox, and a dvd. Any suggestions on screen/brain. Could you help me do this?? And don't think for a second if you say yes that you are doing it for free. I will buy you some $hit for your car. What do you want? Besides a turbo.
Are you saying I'm poor?

best route to go is a LCD with a brain so you can handle multiple inputs. My screen has 2 inputs as well as a tv tuner and nav.

Some also have a rear camera reversal option for the input (when you normally put the cam in and project it on the screen it'll be a backwards image)

The Xbox can play DVD's if I remember, so you don't have to worry bout buying a seperate DVD player if you don't want to. There really isn't enuff room to put it under the dash unless you want to make a clunking box like that other dude did in the mobiletronics section. I'd put it in the trunk unless you plan on taking apart the xbox and making it smaller...which could be done but I haven't done it befo. ( you could also buy a smaller one)

I think what most people do with an x-busket is to put it in the trunk and get remotes for both controllers and for the DVD.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
SophieSleeps said:
TomC said:
Are you saying I'm poor?

best route to go is a LCD with a brain so you can handle multiple inputs. My screen has 2 inputs as well as a tv tuner and nav.

Some also have a rear camera reversal option for the input (when you normally put the cam in and project it on the screen it'll be a backwards image)

The Xbox can play DVD's if I remember, so you don't have to worry bout buying a seperate DVD player if you don't want to. There really isn't enuff room to put it under the dash unless you want to make a clunking box like that other dude did in the mobiletronics section. I'd put it in the trunk unless you plan on taking apart the xbox and making it smaller...which could be done but I haven't done it befo. ( you could also buy a smaller one)

I think what most people do with an x-busket is to put it in the trunk and get remotes for both controllers and for the DVD.
Poor you got more $$$ than me Daddywarbucks. I know you do allot of work for free, and most of it is extensive. I will not let you do that no way. So you wanna do it? (install not a se*ual advance) Here are my thoughts.

The DVD I want seperate, not off the Xbox, because you have to use the remote to use it, and I'm not sure how I could do that with the Xbox, unless I made it smaller mounted it in the glovey and converted the glovebox to a smoked plexiglass setup. Which I have no idea how to do, but it would be sick. I want the reverse camera. So it would go like this

Xbox in trunk - I have some good ideas on this. ***cough false wall** cough
Screen in JDM tray
DVD in Glove -Similar to yours.
Brain under passenger seat.
Headrest monitors

You in???

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
i've never done headrest monitors...
I've never put a screen inside of a jdm tray...
I've never mounted the brain under the passenger seat...
nor mounted an xbusket in the trunk...

but sure why not.
Figure out how to run the xbox wires to the front and we'll be set. The DVD mounting will require a small area cut out of your glove box.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts