Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone get this album? :eek: :D
any rock fans that grew up during grunge etc will love this album. It rocks out, plus you've got Chris Cornell belting it out in the way that only he can... and no more political agendas in the lyrics (Former RATM members, minuse Zach De La Rocha).

It was on "sale" for $13.99 at FYE

www.audioslave.com

EDIT: word is, they had SO MANY good tracks for this album that they already have enough for a soon-to-be-released follow up album.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
I got it. I like it. Too much "Incubus Syndrome" shit happening here though. I mean, I know it's not supposed to be RATM with CC, but there are only a few good tracks in my opinion. There is way too much wuss material for me to "get into it". It's a good disc, but I doubt I'll listen to the entire album much at all.

·
3,221 Posts
I'll have to agree with Soy, it does have that grunge sound from Sound Garden. Pretty much sounds like them. I heard them this morning talking about the album on KROQ. I'll wait till one of my friends gets it to burn it from them. I can't see myself buying this album.

I miss RATM. I'm just glad I was able to see their last concert.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Superunknown is my favorite album and I love pretty much love everything Rage has done so I was psyched when I heard about this collaboration. I've been waiting patiently for a couple years now. Unfortunately, I have to say I'm not impressed with what I've heard (Cochise on the radio). Soy, I know you like Tool as well, I have similiar taste in music. Let me ask: Do you like Cochise? Is the rest of the album similar? To me it just sounds like Cornell screaming over Rage music. I'm just hoping the rest of the album is better.
Oh, and speaking of Tool, what do you think of Mer de Noms...personally, I think it's brilliant.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Cochise is one of the better tracks on there...Track 2 is solid. It's got some high points from there, but over all it starts going down hill with the last 2/3rds of the album.

Mer de Noms is good also, but I dunno about brilliant. I'll take Tool over A Perfect Circle any day.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Well, despite my doubts, I bought this album...I felt it was almost required with my taste in music. I have to say it f'n rocks! IMO, Cochise is the by far the worst song on the album and it grows on me each time I hear it. Everyone says that it just sounds like Rage with Cornell singing, I completely disagree. The music sounds nothing like Rage, the only similarity is Morello's distinctive guitar sound. If you are a fan of Tool, Rage, Soundgarden, early 90's rock, buy this album, you will not regret it.

·
Registered
12,480 Posts
Cochise is a Rage song with Cornell singing. Plain and simple. It has the most recycled sounding Morello lick ever. I like the album, but I will say that Tom Morello sure knows how to ruin a good song. That man is a real good guitar player, but he hides behind stupid sounds. These sounds USED to be good, back when the self titled RATM album came along in the early 90's. Now they're nothing but overused, same-ol' RATM sounds. He could've atleast TRIED to make some new ones. Someone should've told him that it's only innovative the first time around. I do think the guys gel real well considering the style/type of bands they're coming from, and made a good album with good songs on it, but it could've been MUCH better. JMO.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
jroof said:
Well, despite my doubts, I bought this album...I felt it was almost required with my taste in music. I have to say it f'n rocks! IMO, Cochise is the by far the worst song on the album and it grows on me each time I hear it. Everyone says that it just sounds like Rage with Cornell singing, I completely disagree. The music sounds nothing like Rage, the only similarity is Morello's distinctive guitar sound. If you are a fan of Tool, Rage, Soundgarden, early 90's rock, buy this album, you will not regret it.
I'm going to burn it tonight. APC f'ing rocks. Tool is my favorite band. I've seen them over 20 times since Lollapalooza 93 with Rage, Tool, Primus, AIC. Even saw Tool before they made it to the main stage. And of course "back in 92, on the first EP" at the Masquerade...

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ATLDave said:
I'm going to burn it tonight. APC f'ing rocks. Tool is my favorite band. I've seen them over 20 times since Lollapalooza 93 with Rage, Tool, Primus, AIC. Even saw Tool before they made it to the main stage. And of course "back in 92, on the first EP" at the Masquerade...

ah a fellow fan... check this out :D :

i bought a print from the artist a few months ago... still haven't framed it yet.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
s0yb0mb said:
ATLDave said:

i bought a print from the artist a few months ago... still haven't framed it yet.
Very nice. Who's the artist? Does he have a site?

·
Registered
12,480 Posts
ATLDave said:
s0yb0mb said:
ATLDave said:

Very nice. Who's the artist? Does he have a site?
You can call him Giger II. j/k

·
Registered
12,480 Posts
^Bump^

I just downloaded Shadow of the Sun on kazaa and it turned out to be a demo version - a very good sounding demo version - that has a REAL guitar solo. Sounds much better than the recorded version. The only thing is that the voice track is a bit more prominent than the music tracks, but it's still good. Look for it if you have Kazaa, or I could email it to ya if you like....MAYBE. It's like 4-5mb though so I suggest you just get if from Kazaa...

That is all.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
E-mail the song to me. I have heard the single they have been playing on the radio, I like that one. Never really got into Rage though I saw them do a live show that was decent. CC has been a little inconsistent, maybe the AS gig will work out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
9 Participants
s0yb0mb
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing