Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an easy way (not having to take the receiver head out) to have an external audio input into the standard IS300 receiver? I want to use an external MP3 CD player. Is there an external amp or is it all built into the receiver/player head?

·
Registered
17 Posts
The IS-300 has an external amplifier but it is built in behind the head unit. The dealer had to take my head unit out to get to the amp. (My amp was fried from the factory). Hope this helps answer part of your question.

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
The factory amp is not located behind the headunit. Rather it is located in the passenger kickpanel above the fuse panel. Its silver and has 2 harneses going to it. I have yet been able to connect between the head unit and amp as I beleived that its a data wire connection, but another person on this board has made the claim thay were able to. That person has not come forward with the wireing yet though. Just wanted to clarify were the amp is located.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Ravge
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing