Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys here is one for you what would you guy go with the audi tt quattro turbo or the lexus is300 what do you guys think need honest opinion. ASAP thank you guys

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Those are two completely different cars. I have the TT roadster which is strictly a two seater, but even in the coupe form the rear seats are virtually useless unless you're into picking up 7th grade girls.... Aside from the slight compromise in practicality it's a fantastic car. Especially in 225hp form, it's a lot of fun to drive and handles quite well (courtesy of the quattro system).. It also turns a lot of heads (a lot more than the E55 I have)...
I wouldn't lurk here in this forum if I didn't think the IS300 was a great car. It's been rated highly by several auto publications and recently toppled the sports sedan king (BMW 330i) in a Road & Track comparison. It's a sure-footed handler and there's enough room to seat 5.
They are both great cars, but two different cars with two different characters and intended for two different buyers..
Eric...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know that they are two different cars but what would handle alot better as far as power and handling looking at the sport side of it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
TT for weekends, IS300 for the workdays. However, I am tempted by that 225 hp quattro coupe as well, probably wouldn't be too bad a daily driver. Only problem is, is that it costs around $39K for a well optioned version and for that much, you start thinking. . .mmmmm. . .$2K more and you got a S4. Tough choices.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If there is a second car in the family that can haul more than 2 people and a six pack then the decision is hard. If this is your only car then the Lexus seems more logical. I think resale must be a part of your decision. I am an Audi nut, but historically Audi owners have ended up on the short end of the stick whereas Lexus owners have done well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts