Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19,467 Posts
Those are two completely different cars. I have the TT roadster which is strictly a two seater, but even in the coupe form the rear seats are virtually useless unless you're into picking up 7th grade girls.... Aside from the slight compromise in practicality it's a fantastic car. Especially in 225hp form, it's a lot of fun to drive and handles quite well (courtesy of the quattro system).. It also turns a lot of heads (a lot more than the E55 I have)...
I wouldn't lurk here in this forum if I didn't think the IS300 was a great car. It's been rated highly by several auto publications and recently toppled the sports sedan king (BMW 330i) in a Road & Track comparison. It's a sure-footed handler and there's enough room to seat 5.
They are both great cars, but two different cars with two different characters and intended for two different buyers..
Eric...

·
Registered
75 Posts
TT for weekends, IS300 for the workdays. However, I am tempted by that 225 hp quattro coupe as well, probably wouldn't be too bad a daily driver. Only problem is, is that it costs around $39K for a well optioned version and for that much, you start thinking. . .mmmmm. . .$2K more and you got a S4. Tough choices.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If there is a second car in the family that can haul more than 2 people and a six pack then the decision is hard. If this is your only car then the Lexus seems more logical. I think resale must be a part of your decision. I am an Audi nut, but historically Audi owners have ended up on the short end of the stick whereas Lexus owners have done well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.