Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
I thought only the automatic version was coming here.....The car in Ronin was a Eurospec 6-speed

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Similar to the S4, the exterior doesn't blow my skirt up. Guess they want it to have a stealth personality.

Otherwise it is a technologic marvel.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Wow $72.5K is very agressive pricing. Think about it, that will get you a loaded LS430, a base S430 or a semi-loaded 740iL. Makes the S8 look very attractive from a performance standpoint.

------------------
Stephen Withrow
[email protected]

98 Lexus LS400
97 Ford Explorer Limited

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Today I went to the Audi dealership to get my free wash for my TT and I walked in the show room and saw a BEAUTIFUL black Audi ALL ROAD. Priced at $47,500...A great SUV alternative cause it can be driven spiritedly on the road and around the corners, then raised 8 inches to go off roading. I believe I just saw the car of the future.........
Eric....

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Originally posted by Stephen:
Wow $72.5K is very agressive pricing. Think about it, that will get you a loaded LS430, a base S430 or a semi-loaded 740iL. Makes the S8 look very attractive from a performance standpoint.

Actually a fully loaded BMW 740iL with the Sports Package, Convenience Package, Cold weather package etc, comes to $72,585 so it is priced identically to that of the S8. Keep in mind the BMW's short two additional drive wheels (unlike S8's quattro system) and 78 horsepower (282 for the BMW and 360 for the Audi)......
Eric....

[This message has been edited by EricK (edited November 04, 2000).]

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's ironic that people scoff at station wagons and then they get all excited when it is raised to look like a SUV. Granted the A6 Avant is one of the best looking wagons, I still don't see the hoopla about a raised A6. 99% of the time, the Allroad is going to be used as a car (on the road) and not as an SUV (off road). It will not handle as well as an A6 99% of the time. Is the 1% of the time you spend off road that important to people? There is a reason why most car magazines look down on SUVs; they are the antithesis of what makes a good car. Handling, acceleration, weight, noise, and gas mileage are all negatively impacted by a body that is raised for mostly cosmetic reasons.

[This message has been edited by Chiphead (edited November 04, 2000).]

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The thing about the A6 Avant is that you can't get it with the 2.7t engine. The A6 2.8 is underpowered, so the Allroad would be better. If I were looking for a station wagon, I would take the S4 Avant over the Allroad.

[This message has been edited by Chiphead (edited November 04, 2000).]

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Well I didn't drive the All Road but I talked to the dealer about what it's like to drive.... He told me that it drives more like an A6 4.2 quattro (40valve V8) than it does an A6 2.7T.... That the All Road surges up to speed like a big luxury sedan with a big V8 unlike that slingshot feeling you get when driving/accelerating in the A6 2.7T...
Eric....

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 14 of 14 Posts