Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. This topic has probably been covered MANY times, but I need to know. I've been driving my friend's 2001 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro, 5 Spd Manual alot lately. I believe the only mod is a Stage one ECU upgrade (which I believe claims 214 HP to the crank). It also has most of the "sporty" options.
...now is this car faster than my 2001 E-shift IS? It definitely feels a bit sportier. The RPM at around 80mph seems to be higher than my IS (about 4000 as opposed to 3700K?). It also seems to be quicker off the line, but that could only be due to the fact that it's manual as opposed to my auto tranny.

Now for a funny little tidbit. Before the first time I drive this car, my friend asks me: "Can you drive a stick?", which I respond by saying "which GUY can't?"....and she laughs and hands me the keys.
I've driven an A4 2.8 manual ONCE before to test drive it when I bought my IS, and didn't remember the EXTREMELY high clutch release point of these cars. The car was parrallel parked on a hill. I release the parking brake, shift the car into first, give it gas, and release the clutch (thinking that it'll creep up the hill), and back we went into the car parked behind us. DOH! :oops: Then she goes "I thought you said you KNEW how to drive stick." Oh well. that was embarassing, but after a while I got the hang of driving this car. It's actually a fun car to drive, and I regret having an auto tranny car now. :(

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
SEXY_LEXY said:
Maybe this is why http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/sha...4_18t_drivetrain.cfm&PPT=Drivetrain&IL=AWEK04

My friend has this kit as well as a few other tweak, and let me tell you, he leaves me standing still.

Wish we had cheaper modications to make our cars faster.

But at least our cars look way better :D
uhm 1800 dollar mod for 14.57 1/4mile is good?
ill say this one more time, stock 1.8t = turtle, chipped 1.8t = turtle that can ran as fast or better than a stock is300

·
Registered
73 Posts
Remeber I said that our cars look better !!! and they are better.

If we are talking about cheap mods, I would just go out and buy a mustang do a few cheap mods, and blow the shit out of any IS300, trust me thats what I did with my 93 5.0LX. running 12.10 1/4 mile with power adder (nos or blower)

Guess what im saying is that $10,000 seems a little crazy for a blower on an IS.

Wish the big aftermarket parts companys would pay a little more attention to our cars.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
SEXY_LEXY said:
Remeber I said that our cars look better !!! and they are better.

If we are talking about cheap mods, I would just go out and buy a mustang do a few cheap mods, and blow the sh*t out of any IS300, trust me thats what I did with my 93 5.0LX. running 12.10 1/4 mile with power adder (nos or blower)

Guess what im saying is that $10,000 seems a little crazy for a blower on an IS.

Wish the big aftermarket parts companys would pay a little more attention to our cars.
you are very contradicting in case you havent notice
and that "small blower" cost only 6k+ which will be more than enough to run equal or better than any stock g35, svt, etc

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Benign said:
SEXY_LEXY said:
Maybe this is why http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/sha...4_18t_drivetrain.cfm&PPT=Drivetrain&IL=AWEK04

My friend has this kit as well as a few other tweak, and let me tell you, he leaves me standing still.

ill say this one more time, stock 1.8t = turtle, chipped 1.8t = turtle that can ran as fast or better than a stock is300
Uhm, there isn't/aren't any $1800 worth of mods that will make the IS hit 14.5 in the 1/4 on this planet excluding nos.

-crontab -l

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
crontab said:
Benign said:
SEXY_LEXY said:

Uhm, there isn't/aren't any $1800 worth of mods that will make the IS hit 14.5 in the 1/4 on this planet excluding nos.

-crontab -l
header, intake, exhaust, and some other minor stuff wont make the is run 14.57? no sarcasm or anything, just curious :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
i had a 97 a4 1.8 Turbo Quattro manual... only mods Chipped ECU(15psi) intake, By pass valve.... the a4 will smoke the IS3 anyday... i love both cars... but off the line it will destroy the IS... from a roll it would take the IS... but alsothe 1.8T's make alot of torque once chipped... and torque is what you feel in the seat, not HP... so although it seems very quick it is by all means no race car.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Britishboy3010 said:
What? 14 1/2 costs 1500? No, I think just chipping can put a gti in that area. Atleast the 2001 1/2 and on.
Do you ever shut the fuck up about your piece of shit GTI? In case you haven't noticed, nobody's give a flying fuck about your ugly ass VW that will fall apart in two years. Grow a brain and a dick, then maybe you can come back and try and talk shit, jackass. :bitching:

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
bobby123 said:
i had a 97 a4 1.8 Turbo Quattro manual... only mods Chipped ECU(15psi) intake, By pass valve.... the a4 will smoke the IS3 anyday... i love both cars... but off the line it will destroy the IS... from a roll it would take the IS... but alsothe 1.8T's make alot of torque once chipped... and torque is what you feel in the seat, not HP... so although it seems very quick it is by all means no race car.
this is chipped 1.8t vs stock is300 yes?
no doubt, audi 1.8t chipped is pretty fast, i ran one a while back when i am still stock, and from 60 - 100 we were dead even :eek:

its pretty amazing what a chip can do to these cars considering my stock is used to kill stock 1.8t in at least 1-3 cars length

some audi dude told me that the old a4 has better receptions to modifications compared to the new (2002) a4, is this true?

·
3,221 Posts
Benign said:
this is chipped 1.8t vs stock is300 yes?
no doubt, audi 1.8t chipped is pretty fast, i ran one a while back when i am still stock, and from 60 - 100 we were dead even :eek:

its pretty amazing what a chip can do to these cars considering my stock is used to kill stock 1.8t in at least 1-3 cars length

some audi dude told me that the old a4 has better receptions to modifications compared to the new (2002) a4, is this true?
Depending on what chip they go with you'll see a difference in power. All of them increase the boost but GIAC tends to push the limits by increasing it as much as possible without doing any damage.

The new A4 took a while to chip because of the code desigin or some thing like that. GIAC was the first one to do it but I think all of the chip people are doing it now. (APR, Neuspeed)

·
Registered
103 Posts
cb8586 said:
Britishboy3010 said:
What? 14 1/2 costs 1500? No, I think just chipping can put a gti in that area. Atleast the 2001 1/2 and on.
Do you ever shut the f*ck up about your piece of sh*t GTI? In case you haven't noticed, nobody's give a flying f*ck about your ugly ass VW that will fall apart in two years. Grow a brain and a dick, then maybe you can come back and try and talk sh*t, jackass. :bitching:
lol, dont be mad because for $500 our cars can actually hit low 14s! :lol:

·
Registered
45 Posts
you will lose. My dads 86 camry WALKED and IS. WHat a POS that car is...!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and idiots pay 32K for it!!! thats a JOKE!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Maxowner2002 said:
you will lose. My dads 86 camry WALKED and IS. WHat a POS that car is...!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and idiots pay 32K for it!!! thats a JOKE!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You're really starting to annoy the fuck out of me.

How old are you? 16?

Are you really that angry that your parents got you a Maxima or did some IS owner stole your girl away from you?

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
Funny because the latest kill on my list was a 2002+ Maxima on a mountain run, he was almost 600 yards behind after a three mile run. when we finished he said he didn't realize how fast the IS300 was in the twisties. --and apperantly neither did the Mustang GT that tried to join the run who i might add finnished the run after the Max. funny all that power and it was completely useless

Maxowner2002 said:

·
Registered
45 Posts
CarbonIS300 said:
Funny because the latest kill on my list was a 2002+ Maxima on a mountain run, he was almost 600 yards behind after a three mile run. when we finished he said he didn't realize how fast the IS300 was in the twisties. --and apperantly neither did the Mustang GT that tried to join the run who i might add finnished the run after the Max. funny all that power and it was completely useless

quote]
Not my max with TEIN coilovers and 18s. still looking for an IS thats not boosted but has boltons to race me. No one has stepped up to the plate. Kinda what a figured.. :lol:

I think the IS is a nice car, just priced about 8K too much. It takes boost to go fast. Why spend 32K for a car that is just as fast as a civic? Dont say well its a Lexus. Yeah, it is, and last i checked, the bottom of the barrel of the lex line...

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
Actually this guy had Tien Coilovers and upper strut bars thats why he killed the Stang. If you live near San Diego i will race you up or down a canyon any time...

Maxowner2002 said:
Not my max with TEIN coilovers and 18s. still looking for an IS thats not boosted but has boltons to race me. No one has stepped up to the plate. Kinda what a figured.. :lol:

I think the IS is a nice car, just priced about 8K too much. It takes boost to go fast. Why spend 32K for a car that is just as fast as a civic? Dont say well its a Lexus. Yeah, it is, and last i checked, the bottom of the barrel of the lex line...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts