Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i bought a TRD carbon fiber spoiler off ebay not to long ago, and i need some opinions. i have a Auburn Sky Pearl color, and i was wanting to know, should i paint it the same color, or should i keep it Carbon Fiber? i'm probably going to get a carbon fiber hood, and 2 tone it like everyone does here on the fourms, and i think it will look good with the carbon fiber spoiler, but, then again i'd like it painted....what do you guys think i should do...paint it or keep it carbon fiber...???

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Do both. Just like you are going to do with the hood. Paint the spoiler and keep a little edge of it open, so you can see the carbon fiber. It will be a great way to tie the front and rear together. Just a 1.5" strip across the edge of the spoiler should do the trick.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
ok sorry for the bad pic but i suck at photo choping and i did it really quick i think youll get the idea

paint the upper edge all the way around and paint the whole bottom side i think youll get what im saying if you look at the pic

-Brett

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it sounds pretty cool...i'll keep that in mind, but, if you guys had to choose either, painted, or keep the carbon fiber, what would you do between those two?

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I'd go painted. Something about C/F on that color. I had a C/F hood a few years ago. I got rid of it. It really took away from the color of the car. When I had the MSM, the C/F hood complimented it so well.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
thksdad said:
hey guys, i bought a TRD carbon fiber spoiler off ebay not to long ago, and i need some opinions. i have a Auburn Sky Pearl color, and i was wanting to know, should i paint it the same color, or should i keep it Carbon Fiber? i'm probably going to get a carbon fiber hood, and 2 tone it like everyone does here on the fourms, and i think it will look good with the carbon fiber spoiler, but, then again i'd like it painted....what do you guys think i should do...paint it or keep it carbon fiber...???
This man knows his style.

·
Registered
578 Posts
it will look much better if you paint your spoiler dude

·
Super Moderator
13,453 Posts
MSM5speed said:
Paint it. OKC-your car is one of my favorites, how's it running?

My computer is a POS, I tried repping you.
LOL its in the shop right now..........

Im supposed to get it back tonight and im waiting on a couple more parts and then the boost is going Up up up up i cant wait!

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
OKCIS said:
LOL its in the shop right now..........

Im supposed to get it back tonight and im waiting on a couple more parts and then the boost is going Up up up up i cant wait!
awesome, good luck to ya

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
You could have the shop just pin stripe it off, and leave some exposed (c/f) and some painted.

But I think I have seen Flatlines with the C/F and he is right it takes from the color

1 - 15 of 15 Posts