Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Yay! Old stuff!
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I just picked up the TTE front bumper I've been eyeing since buying my car just over a year ago.

I absolutely love it....BUT...am absolutely not happy with the idea of screwing on the flat chicken wire civic rice boy bullshit grille that comes with it. I don't mind putting it in for the lower valence or the holes beside the fog lights, but as the main grille? Gross.

Has anyone ever modded a regular factory grille to fit the TTE's smaller grille opening? Or perhaps ever see anything else that looked decent?

Tips and tricks are appreciated!

Thanks,
Migs

·
1,334 Posts
I've always thought about purchasing the TTE front bumper but like you said, the main grill just doesn't look right. Maybe take the top of an OEM bumper and graph it on the TTE bumper so that you can use the many grill options avaliable?

The only mod I've seen is filling in the licence plate section...

·
Yay! Old stuff!
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm...damn

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I don't mind the mesh because it's not flimsy like that stuff people buy from home depot. To make a OEM grille fit I think you would just need to chop off the top part of the grille area. The sides don't seem to go in further than the stock bumper. I found these TTE emblems that fit perfectly in the mesh:

Edit:
After looking at the pic I just posted, the sides of the grille area do seem to go in further than the OEM bumper. Mikedtrd's suggestion seems to be the best route.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
^you need to post more pics of that beauty^
I wish I could. That license plate is going to be replaced with one that has a dash between the TTE and IS3 so it says TTE-IS3. The company that made it fucked it up so they sent me the correct one for free.

My car is currently in storage since I'm deployed right now. I took a few pics the night before it was taken away :( but they came out super blurry. 1 or 2 came out ok but the angles suck, I might post them up eventually. Also, one of my center caps came off while I was driving from AZ to TX :( These rims were discontinued 10 years ago so I doubt I'll find a replacement :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.