Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been getting about 260 to 270 miles in full tank of gas... :(

Am i too heavy footed?????

That 260 to 270 are from full tank of gas to when the light comes up in combination of city and highway driving.... I'd say 35% city and rest in highway.... so I guess it's roughly 14.5 gallons or so.....

Please post miles you get with full tank of gas.....

Thanks......

·
Premium Member
11,736 Posts
man i get 220 at most city driving

stfu

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what the hell happened to the poll???

how come I can't see it? nor edit?

messed up......

Dave, 220 on mostly city sounds ok...... I used to get like 320 with injen with same driving condition.... I wanna know wheather srt takes that much more gas....

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
yah, that sounds about right- especially if you drive hard. I used to get similar gas mileage with my intake setup.

Now, I'm lucky if i can get 210 miles per tank

-C

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
i was getting arnd 280 - 300 miles with a 1/4 tank of gas left. i have arnd 45% city and the rest highway daily

my set up was Xerd race pipe/Greddy Evo.

now i have the xerd headers, i duno mileage i have to get the car tuned up..

·
Podiatrist
22,491 Posts
You should get better gas mileage with the SRT.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
dlee74 said:
I've been getting about 260 to 270 miles in full tank of gas... :(

Am i too heavy footed?????

That 260 to 270 are from full tank of gas to when the light comes up in combination of city and highway driving.... I'd say 35% city and rest in highway.... so I guess it's roughly 14.5 gallons or so.....

Please post miles you get with full tank of gas.....

Thanks......
Welcome to the club? One reason I bought the SRT intake was because of better gas mileage. I guess IS300 and Good Gas Mileage is an oxymoron.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
One difference between the IS300 and some other car is our ecu. The ecu forces you to use an A/F computer because it will throw lights when the A/F changes beyond a certain point. Therefore, since the intake adds more air, we use a piggyback or SAFC to add more fuel. So, now you are adding more fuel to keep the A/F near 14.7:1. I think it would almost break even on gas mileage. On a non OBDII car, you don't have to add the extra fuel and can run a bit leaner because you are not worried about throwing a CEL. I think this has a lot to do with the bad gas mileage still with an intake on the IS300

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.