Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you need to chill man, most of the people on this board dont' think their car is the bomb, maybe for them it is, but no one is claiming the is300 is the end-all solution foreveryone, if they were, i'd be flaming away, and everyone on this board knows that =) the is300 is in no way a bad car, but its not as good of a car that lexus has made it out to be, but it definitely gives you your money's worth. as long as someone knows what the is300 is and isn't, and doesn't shooot their mouth off thinking they ARE the sh*t, just leave them alone. they have every right to enjoy and be happy with their car. hte is300 isn't necessarily a bad choice, personally for me i wouldn't want a car tahts' marketed to be something it's not, but a lot of the people on this board aren't into all out dragging or picking over a few tenths of a second. they want what they got, the is300. just leave it at that.

------------------
1997 5-speed Alpine White M3 Coupe

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Forget QVR6...dude won't learn how to interact with people in a civilized way...he is a punk....a punk who drives the pinnacle of German engineering...a VW.

LOL...what a joke.

[This message has been edited by Agent Smith (edited October 31, 2000).]

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Money's worth? No I don't think so...even a BMW 325 will hold it's own against an IS300 and for cheaper. Dude be realistic, I don't think i'm being uncivilized in anyway...I'm not insulting people. Just expressing my views on this car. Straight up.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Actually if your world is based on stats.. look at bmwusa.com and then check out the 325 stats for the AUTOMATIC... when the manual IS comes out then bring up a new argument... Both the Automatic 325 and IS are almost exact on paper, give or take a few points from each, and for that matter the automatic 330 and IS are comparable. However, for those of us who don't govern our lives around stats, pick a car based on driving experience... the IS300 unique characteristics suited me. You should simply buy a car based on personal satisfaction not what others say or reviewers remarks.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
I have driven both...I drove a BMW 325 and was much more impressed by it's smoothness than the IS300. And I don't base my life on stats. However it's Lexus' own fault for not including a manual transmission in their line up. So until the IS300 delivers a manual transmission (or Lexus delivers a real shift box for that matter), as far as I'm concerned, BMW has the edge over Lexus.

Even Mercedes went around their own beliefs and included a manual transmission in their new C240.

·
Registered
86 Posts
as far as I'm concerned, BMW has the edge over Lexus.
QUOTE]

-- I agree with you "VR6", as long as manuals exist they have the upper hand, thus a 325 manual is superior to the IS in ACCELERATION. But to be fair, let compare automatics, and even you have to admit the striking similarities on paper. Driver styles? thats the difference, I don't like smooth, I like to feel the road and appreciated the E36 3series for that reason. The IS300 reminded me of the handling from the E36, thus suits my driving style.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Originally posted by QuikVR6:
I have driven both...I drove a BMW 325 and was much more impressed by it's smoothness than the IS300.
WHAT?!?!? I have driven both the 323/325.... and you are trying to tell me that the IS300 is less smooth...????
Eric..

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
EricK YES!!

Black300..I guess it just all depends on driver preference. You see for me when I buy into a luxury car I prefer smoothness..When I buy performance car...smoothness goes out the window and I could care less. For example I prefer 1st generation M3's because the car felt like a racer with a high revving 4 cylinder, where as the newer M3's are MUCH more refined automobiles.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hmm, you are the first one to say the 3-series is smoother than the IS300. If you are talking about drivetrain, then IS300 is definitely the smoother one here, even magazine can confirm that. If you are talking about suspension, then yes, the 3 series is a bit smoother because the IS300 is a little bit underdamped.
BTW, I have driven 328i/ci, stick and automatics, and 323i/ci automatics, and there is no way in the world that 323 is a better car. I have to admit that 328 is faster in straight line, but I think it maybe interesting on a road course, even the motortrend people admitted that.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Maybe its just my perception but it seemed that the new 325 handling and ride was a little too refined. What impressed me with the IS300 was the amount of road feel, it wasn't dampened, similar to the E36 years.

[This message has been edited by Black300 (edited October 31, 2000).]

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dude vr6, make some freaking INTELLIGENT CONVERSATION OKAY? i would NEVER take a 325 over an is300. to get a 325 at a simliar price you'd have to skip out on some options. you know what, i'm not even going to waste my time anymore, its not worth it, some people are just f*ing stupid. VW owners......sigh

------------------
1997 5-speed Alpine White M3 Coupe

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
funny how trolls continue to own this board, even after the education i gave u all...sigh

my work is never done

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Please don't waste your time you dumb fuc* ..MY PREFERENCE IS A 325. I never asked you what you prefer so if you are bothered by my preference than you can shove your head up your ass. Do you actually stress over what I think on this board? It seems like it.
BMW M3 owners.. sigh

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Yeah a just for the record your driving a VW right...right thats a volkswagen right????? Yeah little Vdub uh huh, thats cute uh huh, cut little volkswagen, the peoples car...

So what were you saying that you thought was so important, yeah you the guy driving the volkswagen.... WAHAAHAHHHAHA

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dude where did vr6 learn how to drive? hick country? i dotn' know wheryou get your preferences but its like you against the world. whatevers.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts