Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I sold my Audi A4 1.8T on Saturday, I'm set on the IS, and I hope to have it by the weekend. My only gripe is that the stock 17's run TERRIBLE B-Stone RE040's! I know all the problems the S4 crowd has had with these tires, PLUS they are NOT good for the winter. I was thinking about running some Michelin XGT H4 All-seasons or trying to get some Dunlop Sp4000/5000's for winter. Anyone else changint tires?

Chris Ciccone

·
Registered
291 Posts
Got the Michelin Artics with 16x7 Silver Konig Rated R's...I tell you, I've been receiving rave compliments from other people on the street - the car actually looks more aggressive with the 16" Konig's!

Still waiting for snow...

...and for summer when I can get my 18"s!!

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
because false information from discount tire direct, I am going to be driving with my stock 17" good year tires.

so far so good though. Its a little hard to drive in blizzard, but other than that I am o.k

·
Registered
253 Posts
Originally posted by chromaplast:
because false information from discount tire direct, I am going to be driving with my stock 17" good year tires.

so far so good though. Its a little hard to drive in blizzard, but other than that I am o.k

Good luck Chroma!!!!

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Originally posted by chromaplast:

I'm assuming that you got your money back by now. Why not spend it on some crappy aftermarket rims and good snow tires at a local shop? I know it snows pretty frequently up there so keeping your 17" summer tires on is a bad choice imho.

Bear in mind that getting 16" rims and snow tires are for your safety rather than visual aesthetics. So get off your butt and get some rims/tires!

I just took pics of my 16" rims... I will try to get then online as soon as my gf finishes up that roll.

-crontab -l

------------------
An Ecstatic Owner of a Fully-Loaded Graphite Gray 2001 Lexus IS 300

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
crontab
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing