Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I sold my Audi A4 1.8T on Saturday, I'm set on the IS, and I hope to have it by the weekend. My only gripe is that the stock 17's run TERRIBLE B-Stone RE040's! I know all the problems the S4 crowd has had with these tires, PLUS they are NOT good for the winter. I was thinking about running some Michelin XGT H4 All-seasons or trying to get some Dunlop Sp4000/5000's for winter. Anyone else changint tires?

Chris Ciccone

·
Registered
291 Posts
Got the Michelin Artics with 16x7 Silver Konig Rated R's...I tell you, I've been receiving rave compliments from other people on the street - the car actually looks more aggressive with the 16" Konig's!

Still waiting for snow...

...and for summer when I can get my 18"s!!

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
because false information from discount tire direct, I am going to be driving with my stock 17" good year tires.

so far so good though. Its a little hard to drive in blizzard, but other than that I am o.k

·
Registered
253 Posts
Originally posted by chromaplast:
because false information from discount tire direct, I am going to be driving with my stock 17" good year tires.

so far so good though. Its a little hard to drive in blizzard, but other than that I am o.k

Good luck Chroma!!!!

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Originally posted by chromaplast:

I'm assuming that you got your money back by now. Why not spend it on some crappy aftermarket rims and good snow tires at a local shop? I know it snows pretty frequently up there so keeping your 17" summer tires on is a bad choice imho.

Bear in mind that getting 16" rims and snow tires are for your safety rather than visual aesthetics. So get off your butt and get some rims/tires!

I just took pics of my 16" rims... I will try to get then online as soon as my gf finishes up that roll.

-crontab -l

------------------
An Ecstatic Owner of a Fully-Loaded Graphite Gray 2001 Lexus IS 300

1 - 6 of 6 Posts