Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an AEM short Ram and as you all nkow it doesnt come with a heatshield like the SRT intake...

so I went on Injen's site and emailed them seeing if I could buy it from them, and they sold me the piece for 35 dollars...

Its jet black and looks kinda cool in the engine bay, and for all its worth I guess it deflects heat...lol

anyone without a heatshield interested, contact Injen...

·
Registered
712 Posts
Do ya got a pic of this miracle Heatshield?

I am wondering when PLP will come out with its newest model Heatshield. YOu can chime in any time Mike! :lol:

·
Registered
712 Posts
Mike from PLP said that next gen will be stonger and more reinforced. I just don't want to waste my money on something that will break. Hope to see it soon!

·
Registered
377 Posts
maybe that was the one he showed me at the shop. he showed me the heatshield and said that they made adjustments and reinforced it, and it looked really good.

·
Registered
712 Posts
AEGis300 said:
maybe that was the one he showed me at the shop. he showed me the heatshield and said that they made adjustments and reinforced it, and it looked really good.
Yeah thats probably it! I can't wait to order it once its on sale. Hopefully the price will NOT go up! <=== Possibly wishful thinking!

·
Registered
466 Posts
I'm pretty sure saiyanzzrage is talking about an intake heatshiled, not a header heatshield. So, if I'm correct, the heatshield he's talking about is the one that connects to the factory "hood scoop" (like the rmm and srt intake heatshields do; i'm not sure if the injen utilizes it), not the one that covers the header (as the PLP heatshields do).

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
- im pretty sure he is talking about an INTAKE heatshield, maybe you guys are too?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts