Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With this new reprogramming of the ECU that is supposedly coming to our Lexus dealers, will it do anything to the SRT intake/ ECU piggyback when it is reprogrammed?

Thanks for your help and I love my intake by the way.

------------------
2001 Graphite/Black, LSD, Heated Seats, TTE rear spoiler, SRT Intake.
Eibach springs and 19" wheels comming soon.

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
It will not change (degrade or enhance) the performance of our HFI system.

We knew of the reprogram, and it will hit the dealers in about 2-3 weeks time. There are two types of symptoms for the IS: 1) car hesitates at slow speeds and turns; remedy, Stock Trac control ECU has to be REPLACED. 2) car hesitates at all speed all most of the time; remedy, car gets a reprogram of its drive by wire throttle response timing.

Other aspects of the ECU are not programmable like fuel curves and timing of engine.

------------------
Muhammad I. Choudhury
Swift Racing Technologies
www.swift-racing.com
[email protected]

·
Registered
994 Posts
Hey Muhammad,

Can you respond to my post titled "need strut bar" in the suspension forum ?

--k

Originally posted by Swift Racing Technologies:
It will not change (degrade or enhance) the performance of our HFI system.

We knew of the reprogram, and it will hit the dealers in about 2-3 weeks time. There are two types of symptoms for the IS: 1) car hesitates at slow speeds and turns; remedy, Stock Trac control ECU has to be REPLACED. 2) car hesitates at all speed all most of the time; remedy, car gets a reprogram of its drive by wire throttle response timing.

Other aspects of the ECU are not programmable like fuel curves and timing of engine.

·
Registered
116 Posts
lexus luthor...

do you know how much it will cost for this reprogramming and how i can get it done?..thanks

julian

------------------
InNoVaTE Don'T IMiTate
CE 2k1
Black dVs IS300
-Tanabe Racing Medallion Exhuast
-JDM Altezza Grill

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
MO, I know you're sick of responding to people...

But how is the trac control ECU replaced? Is it the same place as we soldered in the piggyback?

I want to know whether I'll have to re-solder and stuff.

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by SophieSleeps:
But how is the trac control ECU replaced? Is it the same place as we soldered in the piggyback?

The TRAC/ECU replacement/reprogramming from Lexus has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the SRT Intake's ECU... You'd only have to be worried if they replaced the harness which I'm sure is not the case.

------------------
Tony
'01 Stock Spectra Blue
'94 12psi Turbo Miata

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Exactly what tony said, and they are not replacing the wiring harness, just the ecu box.

Originally posted by SophieSleeps:
MO, I know you're sick of responding to people...

------------------
Muhammad I. Choudhury
Swift Racing Technologies
www.swift-racing.com
[email protected]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts