Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Jebzter:

I heard that you have the Swift Intake Kit for your IS....

I would like to get a reveiw from you personally..

you can email me [email protected] and i will get back to you with a phone number or somthing so i can call you to get the review..better than playing email tag...

Please let me know cause im interested in the intake but i want a reveiw from someone that has it...

thanks a lot...

------------------
Later

ONYX 01

·
Registered
291 Posts
Guys, am on Vacation now...in Australia at the moment.

Saw 3 IS200's running around...one White was lowered with what looks like 18" with a deep lip - no spoiler and an exhaust - didnt see it in more detail as I was on the tram commuting.

Now, the SRT intake is really really great. I can't emphasize it enough on the sound of the intake, the performance and the overall physical appearance of the product.

Muhammad, can you post the new pics of the final intake - the production unit. Everyone should see the final resuly - outfitted with a special designed SRT filter.

More later.

I'll contact you guys when I get back on 8-Jan-01.

In the meantime, contact Muhammad - he'll answer all your tech questions.

Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
The price is $795 (includes shipping) and it should take no more than 2 hours to install, all the instructions are included, and as always detailed instructions are included.

Originally posted by Agent Smith:
What is the latest price for the Intake and ECU? Also, how hard is it to install? I am rather stupid so go easy on me.

------------------
Muhammad I. Choudhury
Swift Racing Technologies
www.swift-racing.com
[email protected]

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Swift Racing Technologies:
The price is $795 (includes shipping) and it should take no more than 2 hours to install, all the instructions are included, and as always detailed instructions are included.

Seriously Muhammad, I have NO experience in car Engines so will this install still be easy for me??? i am very good mechanically, just not with cars....

What was the total HP gain on this intake???

how long is this price good for????

thanks

------------------
Later

ONYX 01

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
If you can follow instructions it is really easy.

Price is good for another couple of weeks. Check out our site for dyno sheets.

Originally posted by mccarlin:
Seriously Muhammad, I have NO experience in car Engines so will this install still be easy for me??? i am very good mechanically, just not with cars....

What was the total HP gain on this intake???

how long is this price good for????

thanks

------------------
Muhammad I. Choudhury
Swift Racing Technologies
www.swift-racing.com
[email protected]

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you can follow instructions it is really easy.

Price is good for another couple of weeks. Check out our site for dyno sheets.

Muhammad, is there any way that you could hold the price a little longer...i need to get my income tax check and i will get i then...
Are there any permanent MODS to the car that have to be made....DOES this void the warranty at all???? will i have to remove it if i take it in????

can you explain a little on the Dyno sheets..like i said, this is my first car i will be modding and it looks chinese to me

thanks

------------------
Later

ONYX 01

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Yeah, I have a huge chip deal I am waiting to lock down. Once that comes in the wife has to let me do what ever I want.

How fast do you guys need to recoup your devel costs on that intake? Hold that price if you can.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We will hold the price for a while longer.

However there are a few deals on the works and if the go through the price might suddenly get a big price hike. Sorry.

What exactly are you guys planning.....if its better HP wise than i will wait for that...

please let me know

------------------
Later

ONYX 01

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
deals? what kind of deals MO, shouldn't increased production volume lower over all cost? or am i interpreting the definition of "deals" incorrectly?
please respond, as us 5 speed onwers are F-ed because the sale ends before the car is available.

We will hold the price for a while longer.

However there are a few deals on the works and if the go through the price might suddenly get a big price hike. Sorry.

------------------
"the gene pool could
use some chlorine!"
http://www.shitonhonda.com"-Funny Site!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Jebzter,

How about that personal review now that your back in the states......

thanks

------------------
Later

ONYX 01

·
Registered
291 Posts
The SRT HFI (High Flow Intake) system and ECU upgrade is truly value-for-money and is a well-researched performance-tested product.

1. PRICE: US$795 which includes top quality C&C custom made 3.5" mandrel bent pipe with ECU unit and custom designed AFE air filter...shipped! I keep emphasizing that you get what you pay for - it is absolutely the best looking intake upgrade I have seen in an IS. It is also an incredible aftermarket product that will literally blow your socks off once installed. The increase in feel and performance is amazing.

2. Performance: Overwhelming. Instant. Torque inreased. More responsive, esp. above 3K rpms. When you are driving the IS on "conservative" mode, meaning when your adrenaline is not pumping and there are no vultures on the freeway wanting to "race' you, the car is as quiet as when you took her out of the showroom. Drive it aggressively and you hear a "howl" under the hood - the SRT HFI sounds like you have carburetors on! Very aggressive sound...and it doesn't come from the exhaust (unlike some modified cars do).

This was initially what I wanted to do - not change the exhaust, keep it stock but open up the engine with bolt-on products. In fact, the exhaust design for the IS is really very efficient. So, for those owners who moved from Hondas/Acuras to the Lexus wanting a more nonchalant and mellow look but want to be noticed, the first step I would recommend is to change the intake and leave the nice quiet sound of the exhaust stock. When you feel like you want to battle, the SRT intake sound will do the "talking".

Many "ricers" and Ford Mustangs get "shocked" - literally when I floor it. It has a very deep tone - really aggressive. it doesnt sound like the Hondas/acura A/M upgrade filters. The sound is very deep and feels like it is coming in from the "soul" of the car.

From a static start, the car is responsive off the line.

I did not experience any check engine light from the RMMs as other consumers did - search through other threads on the RMM intake for more info on this focus.

I've been driving with the SRT intake for over 2 months now and no engine light, no lag, no bog, just immediate response and top end performance.

3. Customer Service: SRT Customer Service is open quite late to answer your questions concerning performance upgrades for the IS, including their new product on the SRT HFI Upgrade System. Call (301)384-7319.

I reside in Wash DC/VA/MD and if anybody wants to see the intake, test it, take a feel for it, please email me: [email protected] and/or post something here - -I'll be more than happy to show you the car and the intake.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I can verify Jebzter's response, having driven my IS300 (stock) and his stage 1 IS300 courtesy of SRT. IT IS NICE!!!!

Response is immediate and it sounds completely stock when under normal driving conditions. It's when you get into the higher RPM's that the aggressive sounds are produced.

Had I had the money on hand now, i would gladly pay for it. You get performance and the clean looks the IS deserves.

------------------
Marlon
IS300 (white)
loaded w/o LSD

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
About this Discussion
42 Replies
20 Participants
kalieaire
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing