Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of any long term problems with the tranny after using the E-Shift consistently? I don't use it for every driven mile, but in traffic, and getting on the highway etc.. I find it very useful.

But, my question is this...are there any longterm problems if I keep on doing this? Will it cause the transmission to go bad sooner than later? I've got 18K miles on it now, but I'm worried about 40K and up.

Any advice or concerns? Or anyone that has had problems with it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have 92,000km, call it just under 60,000 miles and the tranny is holding out pretty good. I drive the car hard with eshift about 25% of the time. 50% is stuck in rush hour traffic hence the need for an automatic. My tranny does slip in the 1-2 shift in auto mode but it always has.

·
8,880 Posts
I traded my 2001 E-shift @ 57K. 99% Manual mode driving.
PWR mode during summer. Tranny was working as it was from the day 1.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I don't see use of eshift making a marked difference in engine life; doesn't it shift pretty conservatively with lengthy lag?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes it does...tons of lag...which in fact brings me to my next question...what products are out there to make it shift better?

·
8,880 Posts
c2kdb said:
same question for the gate-shifting..... does it hurt anything?
:-? :-? :-?
Please explain.

·
8,880 Posts
c2kdb said:
I don't use e-shift a lot. instead, i use Gate-Shifting consistently. Just wanna know if it hurts the trans.
It should be ok, however, more mechanical movement is involved in the process, so more wear would occur, the extend of which is not known to me.
E-Shift is easier to operate. I used to use it all the time. I also used to put the car into N when stopped. No problems came from it.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
The warranty will only be messed with if it was proven that the mod was the source of the issue. This goes for any mod.

On that note, I doubt the teck ground kit will ever break anything. The shift kit is fairly new, but has been tested for over a year, so it should be another safe mod.

-crontab -l

1 - 20 of 21 Posts