Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for all the folks in cali that have f/i (other than plp's powerdyne), how do you plan to get around emissions testing? i'm really leaning toward f/i somewhere down the road, but emissions testing is the major thorn in my side :pissed: . is there a way to get around it (besides uninstalling/reinstalling the f/i come emissions testing), i.e. restricting the exhaust prior to the muffler somehow? or do you have to "know someone" to get by?

thanks in advance.

-eric

·
Registered
548 Posts
I've been wondering the same thing. This probably won't stop me from going F/I but would like to know some options around it.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
PM is300chic....shes got a toyomoto beast in cali...
-Matt

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
unless you have that extra 600 - 800 dollar per year to spend, if you live either in la and the bay area, i will suggest you to acquire the powerdyne or the vortech instead, cos if you are lucky, some smog guys will not even ask you for visual test, and you wont even need to uninstall the kit :)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Benign said:
unless you have that extra 600 - 800 dollar per year to spend, if you live either in la and the bay area, i will suggest you to acquire the powerdyne or the vortech instead, cos if you are lucky, some smog guys will not even ask you for visual test, and you wont even need to uninstall the kit :)
yeah..that would be the best way to do it convenience wise, but i've looked over my options, and the powerdyne, though nice and discreet and even possibly LEGAL, just doesn't have enough power for me, and i don't want the vortech cuz i'm not a big fan of s/c whine. i'm looking for around 300-340rwhp without having something that will attract police attention from down the block.

-eric

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
due to legalities...this sorta subject shouldn't really be discussed in an open forum...sorry fellas...

pm me if you need more info about what i mean...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.