Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Group of us are going to to the hill country for some fun. Hope to get a nice group together. Please go to this thread and vote on the date and let me know if you can make it.

It is some of the best cruising and if you like to have some fun in the hills with your IS-F or 350 this is the best place to do it in Texas and some of the best hill country in the US. :)

We are planning on Sunday the 21st but we also have another date open the following weekend.

See thread for pic's/info
:approve:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6694755#post6694755]Texas Three Sister's Run - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I could bring the E90 :)

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
i could bring the turbo IS but the tranny go boom boom.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I've been out there before, it's some good driving but be prepared to do about 30 mph the whole time. My mom and sister run a rally out there called the Three Sisters Rally every november. They are having another there in april I think. It's some very nice scenery up there, but I wouldn't haul ass on any of the sisters.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been out there before, it's some good driving but be prepared to do about 30 mph the whole time. My mom and sister run a rally out there called the Three Sisters Rally every november. They are having another there in april I think. It's some very nice scenery up there, but I wouldn't haul ass on any of the sisters.
:suspiciou oh contraire, the speed limit on this roads are 80mph.

There will be M3's going and trust me they won't be cruising at 30mph. ;)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Have you driven these roads at all :confused:? Yes there are some sections that you can hit 80 if you want, like the back side of 337 and on 41. But, from Medina to Leakey on 337 it's going to be no more than 35 and the same goes the whole way up 336 to 41. There are between 30-35 cattle guards up 336 also. From 335 down to Campwood is going to be slow also with the exception maybe the last end of it. I'm not trying to rain on your parade here, but there is no way I'd do 80 down any of these roads. It's too easy to end up over the side of a cliff or hit someone, especially bikers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
So is anyone interested?? I live in Austin and I have a 2004 Indigo Ink Pearl pretty much stock because my certified warranty just ended. I am looking to see others and talk cars!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.