Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"""Because he doesn't like all the standard features a IS300 has over Audi. He also prefers less horsepower and a tired old body style. He likes the crappy stereo without having to pay for the disk changer that has to sit in his trunk. Furthermore, he prefers to take his car into the shop a lot more often and dislikes a smooth, sporty ride..unless of course you count his mom, but she is more like public transportation from what I hear."""

Agent Smith, I must say this was a very creative post, I just could not stop lmao. I have to defend myself a little, though. Now as far as my old A4 1.8T vs my new Lex. AnythingButAudi thinks the Audi is a POS because of all the lingering problems that he or she has had. I am experiencing the same thing with the Lex, I mean 2 new head units going on my third Wednesday morning, trunk release not working, driver side door latch missing, a footrest that is falling apart and a sunroof that did not feel like closing. This is minor crap but going to the Lexus dealer six times before 10K is not to convenient. That is pretty much the amount of trips that I had for the Audi within like 35K. So I think I have a decent reason not to be really happy about my Lex. Plus I am not cool with paying for service but it comes with the territory. As far as me not liking all the standard features, where is the all? Other than the 17's that is pretty much about the only thing that the Audi does not have standard. I hope you are not talking about the xenons because I am sure quite a few people will agree they kind of suck and makes you wonder why they are standard when with other competitors you have to pay for them. I kind of feel that the car is slow but it is an unfair kind of judgement because I come from a background of souped up VW/Audis with manual transmissions. This is also the first automatic vehicle that I have driven on a regular basis, so it takes getting used to. I love the seats on the Lex, the dash, the radio is incredible even though it has worked half the time. I don't feel it handles better than the Audi and the inclement weather situation is obvious. The looks of the Lex compared to the A4, the Lexus hands down winner, it is a fresh model and the first time Lexus has gotten into the sports sedan game in the states and they made something very appealing. The one real noticeable difference is you will get 110% more attention with the Lex than you will with a "STOCK" A4. Anyways, this is my little story about my IS. I have a bad one and there is nothing I can do about it, that is the main reason why I am unhappy. BTW, the first post was not meant to be flame bait, I visit and post opinions like everyone else should. Mothers should be kept out of this but you must feel good about showing the level of your maturity, huh?

[This message has been edited by DtEW (edited March 20, 2001).]

·
Registered
30 Posts
jzazak --

I saw your post on my original thread and meant to send you an e-mail.

Sounds like you are dealing with the same kind of frustrations that I am with my Audi. Actually, it is back in the shop as I write this -- lucky me is tolling around town in a Chevy Blazer from Enterprise. Kinda cool how Audi is so forthcoming with the loaners.

I am very confident that the A4 I got just happens to be a bad one -- it just sucks that I am the unfortunate one! I have had a lot of modded VWs in the past (with problems as well) so going the Audi route was a natural choice for me. I was planning on going with an APR Stage III+ kit but wanted to wait until 15-20K miles before investing that kind of money -- to ensure that I wasn't having any problems before voiding the warranty. And for those of you who use the Moss Act as a defense mechanism with regards to mods -- ask me what I think of the Moss Act -- cost me $2500+ to get my 95 VR6 GTI out of the shop because of mods -- Moss Act my ass. The $2500+ didn't include the lawyers fees to try to uphold the Moss Act.

Anyway, glad I didn't do any of the mods yet. I am going to be selling the car in the next couple of weeks. It will still have a significant amount of the warranty remaining -- so I can at least feel good about that. I don't have the time or patience to continue dealing with the headaches -- one thing if it were mods causing problems for me -- gotta pay the price to play. Audi dealers and AoA in general are not customer oriented at all -- amazing that they retain a fairly sizeable loyal customer base.

jzazak -- hope all your problems get resloved. I now need to decide what my next ride is going to be...

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Sounds like you are taking a beating. That sucks. Do you know your lemon laws? Fight more with the service manager and make it loud on a busy day. Sorry about my comments, I couldn't help myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts