Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of getting the PLP S/C soon (still debating which one to get - Powerdyne or Vortec) and I was just wondering if any of you have friendly smog techs that you can recommend in the SoCal area...PM me with info please.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
If you want some decent power gains and a sleeper look (ie po po's won't bother you as much) then get the powerdyne. The vortech comes with a FMIC and that's a dead giveaway to the po po's but it is upgradable to a stage 2 using a bigger pulley for more boost.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DL said:
If you want some decent power gains and a sleeper look (ie po po's won't bother you as much) then get the powerdyne. The vortech comes with a FMIC and that's a dead giveaway to the po po's but it is upgradable to a stage 2 using a bigger pulley for more boost.

That's my whole dilemma right now. I want the sleeper look, but yet I want the cool-ass FMIC/BOV and the ability to upgrade...decisions decisions. :crazy:

·
Premium Member
11,375 Posts
hmm...i don't think you won't past smog as long as you still have all the stock pipings from header to exhuast...no??? :-?

just got all the stuff i need for "stage-X2"... gona start on it very very soon... :crazy:

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IS300eR said:
hmm...i don't think you won't past smog as long as you still have all the stock pipings from header to exhuast...no??? :-?

just got all the stuff i need for "stage-X2"... gona start on it very very soon... :crazy:
"stage-X2"? Do tell.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
hell doods .... for the stealthy look just paint the FMIC flat black with hi temp flat paint... it will blend right in .... you wont be able to Flaunt the FMIC Mod for all your ricer buddies,.... but you will kick all their asses when that mutha kicks in & be stealthy while doing it.... :D

unless you are all show... PAINT that mutha...& kick ass on the STREET!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
We will be offering a black anodized intercooler option :wink: . Painting it will not work, it will not allow efficient heat dissipation.
Mike

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
We will be offering a black anodized intercooler option . Painting it will not work, it will not allow efficient heat dissipation.

Mike

Sweeeeettt!!!! :D

I dont think i've seen a Black Ano FMIC b4, super Cool....

& i am interested in "How much" or what percentage of loss in efficiency painting the Alloy black would possibly cause..?? any stats on that....?

20% less......??

& Wouldn't you only need paint on the front part that shows thru the grill so the back/ sides & internal spaces would still be bare alloy & have the same exchange rate...

just thinkin'....couriouser & curiouser....

BTW .. .thx for the great service on the shield! i do appreciate your efforts to rectify greatly!!!

I installed the new one this am & there is a HUGE difference in it torsionally it is sooo much more solid... like one piece... :eek: :D
the other one is boxed & on the way back to you today!

thanks again Mike!!

edgy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts