Lexus IS Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
:approve:

Yes, with all the speakers except amp and sub. I think any new double din unit bypasses the stock amp and uses its own internal amp. Which is good anyway because most new ones should be more powerful and sound more crisp imo.

I'm a noob to this though, so someone correct me if I am wrong. Curran, thoughts? I know you have a custom sound system in yours.
I just don't want to have to take the entire car apart to add a radio. Even worse have to take it to a place to get everything wired. Just want to plug and play...:)

·
Registered
838 Posts
Q: Can I swap out the factory radio for a double din using factory setup.
Im not expert either, but im pretty sure there are three ways to go about it.

1. Get a factory amp integration adapter "but to my knowledge they sound bad and are a little pricey"
2. Factory amp bypass adapter "did this on my wife's sienna worked good"
3. New wires from deck to speakers, "I chose this option since i had new speakers and wanted to optimize system"

This part i could be wrong but i know you lose factory sub and the last two options and possibly #1.

BTW scoshe double din blends beautifully with oem plastics.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Has anyone tried to take off the rear spoiler? Trying to take it off and having a hard time. I think I broke some clips already and still can't take it off.
In order to remove the rear spoiler u have to first remove the plastic center piece on the inside of the trunk directly under the spoiler, then unplug the 3rd brake light, then take off the 3 10mm nuts holding the spoiler down, & finally carefully remove the spoiler by pulling up on it.
I learned the hard way but there is also a plastic clip there that you have to kind of lift the spolier up and then turn the spoiler (carefully not to scratch the paint with the screes sticking out) about 45 degrees to pop it out. I learned the hard way I broke the plastic piece. :pissed:

Good info!^ This will be helpful next week.

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
^I think that is what you call foreshadowing in the movie business. ;)

p.s. vote in the ride of the month, our SportX brother is only 6 short of winning!

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Removing the stock rear spoiler is easy if you do it right and know what you're doing. lol Thanks to Miguel and Martin for those posts above. It was a breeze.

Only thing I would add is after removing the three 10mm bolts and unplugging the rear light....close the hatch and pull the spoiler straight up. Simple as that.

^I think that is what you call foreshadowing in the movie business. ;)
;) yes it was.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Q: Can I swap out the factory radio for a double din using factory setup.
A: YES YOU CAN.
A TYTO-01 kit will work with the SportCross. You can use an aftermarket headunit playing through the TYTO-01, to the stock amplifier, playing through all stock speakers, including the subwoofer.
Source: Just did mine today :bigSmile:

81 - 90 of 90 Posts