Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here had someone try to steal the Lexus emblems off their car? I ask because yesterday some buttplug tried to rip off my trunk "L" and only succeeded in breaking it in two and scratching my paint. My local dealer has ordered me a new one for $29 but if this is some kind of trend, maybe I'll go for the "clean" look intead.

·
Registered
998 Posts
No but a friend of mine got his camery emblems stolen. It's just a shity thing but it would'nt make me go for the clean look unless i lived in a bad hood

·
11,062 Posts
Yup. EXACT same thing happened to me...half the emblem off and a good, deep scratch right down to the metal. Of course, I am anal about the car and had to have it perfectly repaired. Cost $497 to get the trunk repainted and emblems remounted.

·
Registered
76 Posts
its prolly some stupid kids dicking around with nothing to do.

shit happens- its just like the people that steal the mercedes hood ornaments

when you own a dope car like that :D people get jealous and try to ruin your thing of beauty

good luck with that!!!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
#*^$&$#^$(#!

I just had my gold emblem stolen for the SECOND time last Friday! At least the first time they didn't scratch up my car, the second time was a hack job! :pissed:

I don't think I will be replacing it... It's not worth the pain... :(

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update...

Well, I just got back from the body shop and the estimate is $320 to repaint the deep scratches that are there. I would try to do it myself, but two of them are clear down to the primer.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Aubie83 said:
Why, would you want to steal sombodys emblems?? :eek:
People collect things, emblems would seem like a logical one.

I just got my first Lamborghini bull last week.

J/k , I confess that I did fondle a Rolls' Spirit of Extasy during my teen years. :p :p :p

·
Registered
11 Posts
Happened to me

The car was only a few weeks old and some a-hole removed the "Lexus" and just the "IS" I guess they didn't have enough time to get the "300". Thank God they didn't scratch the paint! Leaving the 300 looked kinda strange so I took off the rest. Going for that "clean" look. I figured that if I put them back on its just going to happen again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
stcleaner said:
No but a friend of mine got his camery emblems stolen. It's just a shity thing but it would'nt make me go for the clean look unless i lived in a bad hood
Strange... and I thought my friend getting his Camry's emblem stolen was just an isolated incident... I mean, who steals Toyota emblems? I guess some people really have nothing better to do.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
i guess a lot of those civic owners also steal the "si" badge and put them on their dx/ex

no one has ever stolen my emblems before, just my wheels

·
Registered
176 Posts
An unlucky friend of mine has had like, 2-3 BMW emblems jacked from his 320, while parked in the church parking lot....
He's not alone either... It's like some jerk targets my church pl for emblem export or something...

*Angry old man voice* "Hooligans! Charlatins!"

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I reported it to the so called security department were I work, cause that's where the deed was done and they told me that mine was the second such incident that day. I park in an access controlled parking structure that has closed circuit surveillance, but to my knowledge no one actually watches anything. It's only a minor consolation that the ass wipe got nothing for his efforts.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Man that must be going around cause they've tried to steal my moms Mercedes emblem luckily it hasn't happened to me.. But it seems kinda pointless to try to steal an emblem.. good luck getting it fixed..

Kel-E

·
11,062 Posts
Is300_02white said:
Man that must be going around cause they've tried to steal my moms Mercedes emblem luckily it hasn't happened to me.. But it seems kinda pointless to try to steal an emblem.. good luck getting it fixed..

Kel-E
My Mom's Mercedes emblem got stolen off her car a couple of times...of course she DOES have them gold plated... (1966 230S; fire engine red, lotsa chrome; big, Ford engine; wire wheels, gold plated numbers/emblems; Bavarian badges on the grill...a regular eye full.)

·
Registered
467 Posts
i feel ur pain. if u only need an L and didnt already pay for it i can get u one for less.

VR 63 said:
Has anyone here had someone try to steal the Lexus emblems off their car? I ask because yesterday some buttplug tried to rip off my trunk "L" and only succeeded in breaking it in two and scratching my paint. My local dealer has ordered me a new one for $29 but if this is some kind of trend, maybe I'll go for the "clean" look intead.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
17 Participants
VR 63
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing