Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, not quite :p but it was crawling around inside my car. what's next? Ants building a colony in my IS?
any tips on keeping these pest out? I really have no idea how the little creatures sneak in

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I rented a car in Hawaii once where the moment I turned on the A/C ants started pouring out of all the vents... Yikes.

A bee or a wasp in a car is much worse than a friendly little spider.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Originally posted by TEG:
I rented a car in Hawaii once where the moment I turned on the A/C ants started pouring out of all the vents... Yikes.

Jeez TEG, where'd you rent from...that sux. I've never had that problem renting a car here. Yeah yeah, you heard right, rented a car here, in Hawaii. :p And yes, it does suck when a bee is in the car. One time I went to the airport to see a friend off and a bee flew into the car when I parked. I looked around and couldn't find it and I had to hurry up cuz the flight was gonna leave. I figured I could look for it when I got back. When I came back I looked, but couldn't find it...I just drove and prayed that it didn't scare the crap outta me while I was on the freeway. Luckily I never saw it again.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
A friend of mine found a dung beetle in his CL-S. I wonder what the significance of that is???

------------------
cardinal
'01 Silver/Black
LS, LD, HH, SR, 17"

·
Registered
150 Posts
I had a female spider lay her eggs inside my vents (not the IS). the next thing I know, my car had about 20 to 30 little spiders spinning thier webs. I was freaked. Took me hours to vacumme that family out of my car.

[This message has been edited by paulwu (edited October 22, 2000).]

·
Registered
654 Posts
Those spiders don't mean you any harm! Why do you want to antagonize those cute widdle fuzzy wuzzies? EEK! A spider! *SQUISH*

·
Registered
76 Posts
As I was getting into my yellow IS, I found a bee on my car. It probably thought it was a big sunflower.

--Nancy

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by Nancy:
As I was getting into my yellow IS, I found a bee on my car. It probably thought it was a big sunflower.

--Nancy
Or it was a female bee lookin for some lovin and thinkin your IS was a big ole male bee

·
Registered
58 Posts
When I wash my yellow car all kinds of insects come and land on the hood. I think you're probably right, they probably think it a giant sunflower.

Rick Kim

Originally posted by Nancy:

--Nancy

·
$lores amongst us!
10,974 Posts
If you had an SBM IS you would not have any problems with bees. Just babes buzzing around

·
Registered
65 Posts
SPIDERS!?! Eeeewww, my WORST fear! Can't stand them for nothing! Was in a friend's Chevy truck once, and a BIG Cane spider crawled from the roof, into the cab. Needless to say I almost jumped out while the truck was going. We had to pull over.

I don't know if this type of spider is in the Mainland, but here on Maui, they're almost everywhere. They're tan in color, and at "adult size" can measure to about 6"-7" from legs to legs, just standing as still as can be on a wall... but scare them and they can RUN!

Actually, there has been a little spider spinning a web on my driver's side window near the door frame, but he got blown away.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I once had a hotel room in Hawaii which was infested with "geckos". To someone in Hawaii that might not seem too weird, but to us mainlanders it was sort of funny.

They were harmless enough - just running up and down the walls looking sort of exotic.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
I once had a hotel room in Hawaii which was infested with "geckos". To someone in Hawaii that might not seem too weird, but to us mainlanders it was sort of funny.

They were harmless enough - just running up and down the walls looking sort of exotic.
Hmm, infested huh? That doesn't sound too good, even to me. Geckos are cool, but infested-ugh. On the upside, geckos eat bugs. On the downside, their droppings are something that I could do without. And they make weird noises. Never woulda thought a gecko makes that uckkukuk (okay, that's the best way I can put it into typed words, someone else try
) noise. K den.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Spiders, ants, and geckos, OH MY! :0 I better check the corners before I take a shower now. There are two things my yellow car attracts insects and thugs.

--Nancy

·
Registered
87 Posts

All you have to do is lure the gecko's into your car and the'll eat all the Ants

[This message has been edited by CodeBoy (edited October 23, 2000).]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts